5th Grade Language Arts & Reading
To leave a voice mail any time: 972-236-0600, ext.0985
Here are some things you might want to know about me:
- I graduated from Henderson State University in 2006 with a B.A. in Communication.
- I completed my teacher certification though Texas A&M University-Commerce.
- I graduated in December 2016 with my M.Ed. in School Counseling!
- I taught high school speech and debate for 4 years at Princeton High School.
- I taught 5th grade writing and social studies for 4 years at Godwin Elementary School.
- This will be my third year at Vaughan and I'll be teaching Language Arts & Reading.
- My husband, Jarred, and I have been married for ten years!
- We have one son named Weston who is a Vaughan first grader this year.
- We have a miniature dachshund named Rosie. She thinks she's the Queen of our house!
- We are big ARKANSAS RAZORBACK fans!
My absolute favorite thing to do is READ! If you love to read or want your child to have a love for reading, the best thing you can do is have plenty of books for them to choose from. The best and easiest way to make this happen is simply purchasing books through Scholastic. You can order online at any time and those books will ship to our school.
The best part of ordering online through Scholastic is that the money doesn't have to be sent to the school...you pay online. Your child will receive his or her book along with the rest of the books that come to our classroom. The orders you place help me to earn points. Those points are used throughout the year to order books for our classroom library! Go here to order:
- Interested in other things you can do? Check this out: