5 days of school left!
Enjoy our Doghouse Model Photos!
2nd Semester! WAHOO!!!
Well, you know the year's coming to the end, when the kites fall from the ceiling and then float up into the sky. Enjoy photos of our students as we celebrate the end of STAAR and begin 6 weeks of studies to prepare for 9th grade.
Welcome to the last half of your 8th grade year! You have worked hard this past fall, and I know you will want to continue your studies as you prepare for high school. Here are some ideas to get you ready for the new year:
1. Try to get as much sleep as possible. Studies have shown, but you all know, that you need your sleep. Putting things off until the last hours of the evening will definitely keep this from happening.
2. Use your agenda to check over the week and determine your expectations-- how much work you have to complete each night, when the next projects are due, what activities you must participate in (school and family as well)
3. Replenish your school supplies. Nothing makes one feel better than starting out a new semester with new folders, pens, pencils, etc.
4. Set a goal for yourself. Perhaps more sleep, completing your homework first thing when you get home, reducing your social "networking" in some way. Learn a new skill... Say try learning to like fractions!! Get those integer rules figured out for good.
5. Set a goal for yourself at school as well. Perhaps taking more concise notes, trying to do one extra word problem than what is expected. Keeping your grade two points higher in each subject area than in the first semester. Start simple and push yourself to do a little more.
We have lots to cover this second semester. Pre- Algebra will have plenty of geometry to cover and preparation for the wonderful STAAR exam in April. Algebra 1 will be busy pursuing the curriculum as well to prepare for the End of Course Exam in May. Deep breaths, lots of smiles and humor, and hard work... we'll get it done.
Have a great year!