The Allen ISD Counseling Program is built upon the National Model outlined by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA). All curriculum and activities reflect these high standards.
The Allen ISD Counseling Program is a comprehensive curriculum, preventive in design and developmental in nature. Curriculum is written to ensure equity and access.
The Counseling Curriculum focuses on three areas or Domains: Academic, Career, and Personal/Social. The purpose of the Program is to impart specific skills, knowledge and attitudes that lead to specific learning outcomes or competencies within these areas.
Allen ISD Counseling Program Mission Statement
The mission of Allen ISD School Counseling Program is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career, personal/social development of all students. School counselors are professional school advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement. In partnership with other educators, parents or guardians and the community, school counselors facilitate the support system to ensure all students in AISD have access to and are prepared with the knowledge and skills to contribute at the highest level as productive members of society.
Who Are AISD Professional School Counselors?
* Masters Degree in School Counseling
* Texas Teaching Certificate
* Minimum 3 Years Teaching Experience
AISD School Counseling Programs Teach
* Effective learning in school and across the lifespan
* Academic preparation for post-secondary options
* Relationship of academics to work, family and community life
* Investigate the world of work to make informed decisions
* Strategies to achieve future career goals
* Relationship to personal qualities, education, training and the world of work
Personal & Social Development
* Interpersonal skills to respect self and others
* Decision making, setting goals and taking action to achieve goals
*Understanding everyday safety and survival skills