Allen ISD Transfer Guidelines & Procedures
Student Transfer Request Guidelines 2013-2014 School Year
Out-of-District Transfer Requests:
Allen ISD does not accept out-of-district transfers except under the following circumstance:
In-District Transfer Requests:
All transfer requests should be delivered to the Administration Building at 612 E. Bethany Dr., during the following dates:
If you are a resident new to Allen, your child must be enrolled at the campus for which your home is zoned.
Any incomplete transfer requests will be returned to the sender with no action taken. A photocopy of two acceptable “Proof of Residency” documents (utility bill and contract or lease agreement on the house/apartment or current voter registration card) must accompany each request.
When reviewing requests for student transfers, Allen ISD will consider requests on an individual basis; however, the guidelines below are in place to ensure consistency in our process. Transfer requests will be considered by the Board’s designee within 30 days of receipt. An approval for one year does not guarantee nor imply the approval of future transfers to the same campus or to the feeder campus.
1. Allen ISD has the sole discretion to determine whether space exists at requested transfer campus.
Allen ISD has the sole discretion to determine whether space exists at requested transfer campus.
2. Requests for an intra-district transfer during the semester will be denied based on potential disruption of the educational program at
3. Sibling Transfers: sibling status will not guarantee transfer approval. Siblings must meet criteria for transfer eligibility to be considered.
Sibling Transfers: sibling status will not guarantee transfer approval. Siblings must meet criteria for transfer eligibility to be considered.
General Clarifications for an Approved Transfer:
2. Student transfers may be denied and or revoked due to poor attendance, excessive tardies, failure to pick up students at
3. Please note that if false or misleading information is provided, the original transfer request will be subject to revocation and the student placed back to their neighborhood school.
All questions regarding transfers should be directed to 972-727-7115.
Download the “Allen ISD Transfer Request Form” here
Last Modified on May 22, 2013