Some important dates are coming up. Please mark your calendar!
1. Thursday, April 24 thru April 29– Auditions for incoming 6th and 7th graders in band will start for next year’s band placement. Students already have audition music. We have a “rough draft” placement based on their yearly progress for this school year, but we want to make sure we have everyone in the right place. Not all students will be tested on the same day but need to be prepared to start April 24.
2. Wednesday, April 30 – Orchestra wind and percussion students travel to the Eisemann Center for contest and then to Main Event. Students will be back at Curtis by 2pm. Come dressed in your concert black. Take instruments and black folders on the bus. Remember to take a change of clothes for Main Event.
3. Thursday, May 1st – 6th grade band concert at Curtis Middle School. Olson, Anderson and Reed begin at 6pm. Cheatham, Marion and Lindsey begins at 7:15. Students are to wear their band shirt and jeans. Leave instrument cases in the car and enter with binder and instrument put together.
4. Friday, May 9 – 6th grade bands will go to contest at Lowery Freshman Center and then to Amazing Jakes for fun! Buses will pick up students beginning at 8:30am on their campus with a school chaperone. Students must be wearing their band shirt and jeans. We will leave Amazing Jakes at 2pm to return to their elementary campuses for regular dismissal
5. Wednesday, May 21 – middle school orchestra winds and percussion will be performing at the PAC at Allen HS. I have given a window time of 4-6 but am waiting for confirmation. Once the updated time is received and email will be sent.
6. Thursday, May 22 – 7th and 8th graders go to Rough Riders game with Fine Arts department of CMS. This is NOT a performance. Just a way to thank the kids for all their hard work. Good times! We will depart from Curtis at 9:30am and be back by 2:45pm.
6th grade parents should have started receiving a band progress report to show your child’s progress in band for the year and components they need to target for optimum results.
8th grade parents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know if your child signed up for HS band.
6th and 7th grade students will be receiving an email at the end of the school year with handbook information, tshirt information, field trips, performance opportunities and fundraisers for next year.
Please make sure your information is accurate on:
School Code: curtismsband
Login: Student's ID
As always, please feel free to contact Linda_Orrantia@allenisd.org and Molly_Headd@allenisd.org