Welcome to 8th grade Science!! Thank you for visiting my site. This year we will study many different aspects of science including but not limited to:
Atoms & The Periodic Table • Chemical Reactions • Force, Motion, & Energy • Stars & Galaxies • Waves & the Universe • Ecology • Plate Tectonics• Weather Systems• The Moon
Please read below for additional course information.
Expectations for my class:
- Be prepared to work when you come to class.
- Follow directions
- Keep hands, feet and other objects to yourself.
- Be respectful of our building, yourself and others.
Daily/ Homework: 25%
Grading Policy Pre-AP:
Daily/ Homework: 20%
Late assignments must be turned in within 3 days after the original due date to receive credit up to 70%.
Pre-AP late assignments must be turned in within 2 days for a maximum of 60%.
If absent, you will have the number of days you were absent to complete and turn in your makeup assignment(s). If makeup work is not turned in within the above timeframe, it will be considered late work and subject to the late work policy.
Science Course misc. information:
- Students are responsible for maintaining a science journal in which they will record observations/conclusions made during labs, keep notes, complete some assignments, etc.
- There will be online assignments in science this year. These assignments can be completed at home, in class, in the school library (before or after school), at the Allen Public Library, etc.
About Ms. Bass
Favorite color: Red
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Movie: Anything with Cary Grant in it. (I love old movies!)
Education: Bachelors degree in Neuroscience from The University of Texas
Family: I have 4 siblings and 13 nieces and nephews. We all live within 10
minutes of each other.
Loves to: travel, play sports, listen to music, and learn.
This Summer I…: traveled to New Orleans and Destin, Florida.