The 7th Grade English Language Arts curriculum is organized into the following strands:
- Reading, where students read and understand a wide variety of literary and informational texts;
- Writing, where students compose a variety of written texts with a clear controlling idea, coherent organization, and sufficient detail;
- Research, where students are expected to know how to locate a range of relevant sources and evaluate, synthesize, and present ideas and information;
- Listening & Speaking, where students listen and respond to the ideas of others while contributing their own ideas in conversations and groups; and
- Oral and Written Conventions, where students learn how to use the oral and written conventions of the English language in speaking and writing.
7th Grade Texas Essential Knowlege & Skills:
7th Grade Tutoring Schedule:
By Appointment Only
Please see teacher's website for more information regarding class requirements and schedules.
The English Department strives to incorporate technology into the classroom. We would like permission to use your student's work on our classroom social media sites. Please print and return the following form to your student's English teacher. Student Information Sheet
If you have questions regarding late work or failing work, please click on the following link to see our policy. You can also email your student's teacher with any quesitons or concerns.Grading Policy