ACO Share & Care Day - March 23March 23rd is ACO Donation Day! Bring in a box of Hamburger Helper or another Boxed Meal and you can wear a HAT to SCHOOL on THAT DAY!
Green Warrior Run - Make a Pledge Donation!On April 7 Green PTA will be hosting our first ever Green Warrior Run (a fun obstacle course that 100% of students will participate in during their "specials" period). This exciting event will help raise funds so that the PTA can sponsor an exciting new program at Green: Leader in Me (www.leaderinme.org).Register now to collect pledges and help your child earn fun Reward Prizes!Go to http://pledgestar.com/green
- Enter your name and email address, then click Register
- Follow the instructions on-screen
Cash or Check Donations are also accepted!
1. All checks collected should be made payable to Green Elementary PTA. Please write the student’s name on the memo line to ensure that it is credited to the correct student.
2. All cash and checks should be placed in an envelope with your student's name and teacher’s name on the front and should be returned to your student’s teacher.
Please note: Each student will only get credit for donations made under their name. If you have “family” donations, please write the name of each student on the envelope so that we can split the donation evenly between your children.Warrior Run - Volunteers Needed April 7Sign up now to help at the Green Warrior Run: http://signup.com/go/aU5SAa
Thank You Warrior Run Sponsors!Warrior Run Sponsorship Packages Available!Do you know of a company or individual who would like to sponsor our Green Warrior Run to help bring the Leader in Me program to our school? Special Sponsor packages, which include advertisement opportunities, are available to those who would like to donate!Please share this with anyone who might be interested (i.e. local dentists or doctors, restaurants, your employer, etc.)
STAAR Testing CalendarIn the upcoming weeks and months, our students will be participating in district STAAR simulations as well as the state STAAR assessments. Please make note of the dates below to determine when you student is involved:STAAR District Simulation Testing DatesFebruary 21st-STAAR Simulation Math 3rd, 4th, 6thFebruary 22nd- STAAR Simulation Reading 3rd, 4th, 6thFebruary 23rd- STAAR Simulation Science 5thSTAAR Testing DatesMarch 28th- STAAR Writing 4thMarch 28th- STAAR Math 5thMarch 29th- STAAR Reading 5thMay 8th- STAAR Math 3rd, 4th, 6thMay 9th- STAAR Reading 3rd, 4th, 6thMay 10th- STAAR Science 5thLunch information on testing daysOn these testing days, students will be eating at the conclusion of their test. In some cases this may be a little later than normal, so we encourage students to bring a snack (that is not noisy or messy) and a bottle of water from home. Students may either bring a lunch or will have the option to purchase their lunch in the café.Other information on testing days
Thank you in advance for your support as we create an ideal testing environment for all of our students!
- We ask that you refrain from scheduling doctor appointments on days where we are scheduled to test.
- Please do not plan to pick up your child early as this disrupts the testing environment.
- Please plan to have your child to school on time as this is a timed test and we want them to have adequate time to finish.
- Cell phones and electronic devices will not be allowed in the classroom during testing. Please consider having your child leave his/her cell phone and/or electronic device at home on testing days if possible. If they do bring their phone, please know that per state regulations we are required to pick these devices up and they are locked up until the completion of testing. All devices will be returned before the end of the school day.
Join Green PTA & Back the Future!
Registering is easy at JoinPTA.org. It only takes 1 minute! Choose Allen ISD and Green Elementary from drop down menu.Membership is only $6 and both parents may join!
WHY BECOME A PTA MEMBER?
- Join before Oct. 10 to get a FREE printed directory so that you can easily contact other parents!
- Class with most PTA registrations gets $8 voucher per child to use at Scholastic Book Fair in October and their teacher gets an extra $100 for their class library!
- Help fund important programs at Green: $4,200...Books for classroom libraries, $3,700...Student scholarships for field trips, $6,100...Family programs, $1,000...Anti bullying education, and much more!
- Member only discounts such as 20% off HERTZ car rentals, FREE child seat with car rental, etc. Learn more atwww.pta.org/benefits.
- Become part of largest National Child Advocacy association.