Class Holiday Parties - Dec. 15Thank you to our Class Party Parents who are getting our class holiday parties ready!4th Grade 9:452nd Grade 12:001st Grade 12:15Kinder 1:153rd Grade 1:155th Grade 1:306th Grade 1:45
Commitment to Community Annual STUFF THE BUS Toy Drive - Dec 1st - 13thALL Proceeds will be donated to: Allen Community OutreachPlease bring all "new unwrapped toys/gifts" to your Child's schoolno later than 9:00 a.m. on Dec. 13th. Please help Allen ISD to make this the best year yet!!!!!***Please no Food Items***
Multicultural Night - Jan. 24Green Elementary School will be hosting its first ever Multicultural Night on Tuesday, January 24th, 6:30-8:00pm. Your family is invited to showcase your cultural heritage with the children and families of our school.Some of the ways families may choose to share include:
- Food samples
- Maps of the country
- Sports displays
- Facts & items of cultural significance
- History Displays
- Musical performance (dancing or singing not lasting longer than 5 minutes)
Community Scholarship Application - Now Open!The Community Scholarship Application, administered by the Foundation For Allen Schools, is now open to all Allen High School seniors and can be accessed at www.AISDfoundation.org. This application offers students a way to apply for more than 80 locally funded scholarships with the ease of one, online application. Students should be prepared to spend approximately 2-3 hours on the application and do not have to finish it entirely at one time but may log out and return to their work. Deadline is 4 p.m., Tuesday, January 10, 2017.Students will automatically be considered for scholarships for which they qualify. These include scholarships funded by Keep Allen Beautiful, the Sunrise and Noon Rotary Clubs, several school PTA scholarships, Foundation scholarships, Allen Retired Educators Association, and more. Students must complete at least one essay as part of the application and provide two teacher references and one community member reference. Transcripts are not required.A link to the application can be found at www.AISDfoundation.org, www.Facebook.com/AISDfoundation or through the district's Naviance program. For questions, email email@example.com or call 972-727-0362 or visit the Allen High School College and Career Center.
CogAT Testing - Kindergarten, Nov. 29 - Dec. 12AISD Gifted and Talented and Assessment Department will be coordinating upcoming CogAT testing at your campus. All AISD Kindergarten students will be administered a CogAT aptitude test during the weeks of November 29 - December 12, 2016. This test will be administered in groups at each campus. Please visit the following web link to find out more information on CogAT.
Back 2 Basics - Donate now!Why We Raise MoneyOur children deserve the very best learning environment that we can provide them. We are fortunate that Allen ISD provides such a great foundation for our school, but your donations to the Green PTA are an essential part of the school experience for your children.
Here are just a few examples of ways that your donations to Back 2 Basics make a difference:
Please donate to the Back2Basics campaign today at store.greenpta.org. See below for a special incentive!
- Books for classroom libraries ...$4,200
- Student scholarships for field trips ...$3,700
- Community social events ...$6,100
- Veteran's Day .... $500
- STEAM Day ... $600
- Environmental / Memory Garden ... $950
- Field Day ... $1,000
- Rachel's Challenge .... $1,000
- Providing these opportunities to our children .... PRICELESS!
Join Green PTA & Back the Future! - Join Before Oct. 10
Registering is easy at JoinPTA.org. It only takes 1 minute! Choose Allen ISD and Green Elementary from drop down menu.Membership is only $6 and both parents may join!
WHY BECOME A PTA MEMBER?
- Join before Oct. 10 to get a FREE printed directory so that you can easily contact other parents!
- Class with most PTA registrations gets $8 voucher per child to use at Scholastic Book Fair in October and their teacher gets an extra $100 for their class library!
- Help fund important programs at Green: $4,200...Books for classroom libraries, $3,700...Student scholarships for field trips, $6,100...Family programs, $1,000...Anti bullying education, and much more!
- Member only discounts such as 20% off HERTZ car rentals, FREE child seat with car rental, etc. Learn more atwww.pta.org/benefits.
- Become part of largest National Child Advocacy association.
ACO Care and Share - Dec. 8December 8th bring a personal hygiene item to donate to ACO and you can wear a hat to school on that same day! Examples: toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant...