Chick-fil-A Spirit Day - Feb. 14Thank you Chick-Fil-A for supporting Green Elementary!Enjoy Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner on the Green Spirit Days listed below. The location for the spirit days will be at the Twin Creeks, McDermott location. Tell the cashier you are ordering for spirit day for Green Elementary and a percentage of your purchase will come back to our school. The more families the higher our percentage is! At the end of last year Green received a check for over $1500! Our goal for this year is $2,000.
Contest Opportunity: Be sure you send your receipt back in to your child's teacher the next day (if you have multiple children, you can make copies of your receipt for each child) so that your child's class can enter in a chance to win a free recess with Mrs. Lindberg!
Gifted and Talented Testing - Register now
Phase I CogAT testing registration will open on the Gifted and Talented website under the department of learner services on January 24th and will remain open until February 17th.
All students must have pre-registered to attend Phase I CogAT testing that will be given on March 18, 2017.
Registration will close at 4pm on Friday February 17th
Box Tops 4 Education - Help Us Earn Cash For Our School!Thanks to you, we had a successful Box Tops 1st submission! We sent in $319 worth of Box Tops! Thanks!
Our next deadline is February 24th, but please turn in Box Tops at any time. The box is emptied every Friday.
You can turn in loose Box Tops in a bag (Ziploc Brands have Box Tops!) or attach them to collection sheets sent home in the ThursdayFolder. Bonus certificates should be placed loose in the box. Collection sheets do not need to be complete.
You can learn more about the program and how it works at www.boxtops4education.com.
Back 2 Basics - Donate now!Why We Raise MoneyOur children deserve the very best learning environment that we can provide them. We are fortunate that Allen ISD provides such a great foundation for our school, but your donations to the Green PTA are an essential part of the school experience for your children.
Here are just a few examples of ways that your donations to Back 2 Basics make a difference:
Please donate to the Back2Basics campaign today at store.greenpta.org. See below for a special incentive!
- Books for classroom libraries ...$4,200
- Student scholarships for field trips ...$3,700
- Community social events ...$6,100
- Veteran's Day .... $500
- STEAM Day ... $600
- Environmental / Memory Garden ... $950
- Field Day ... $1,000
- Rachel's Challenge .... $1,000
- Providing these opportunities to our children .... PRICELESS!
Join Green PTA & Back the Future! - Join Before Oct. 10
Registering is easy at JoinPTA.org. It only takes 1 minute! Choose Allen ISD and Green Elementary from drop down menu.Membership is only $6 and both parents may join!
WHY BECOME A PTA MEMBER?
- Join before Oct. 10 to get a FREE printed directory so that you can easily contact other parents!
- Class with most PTA registrations gets $8 voucher per child to use at Scholastic Book Fair in October and their teacher gets an extra $100 for their class library!
- Help fund important programs at Green: $4,200...Books for classroom libraries, $3,700...Student scholarships for field trips, $6,100...Family programs, $1,000...Anti bullying education, and much more!
- Member only discounts such as 20% off HERTZ car rentals, FREE child seat with car rental, etc. Learn more atwww.pta.org/benefits.
- Become part of largest National Child Advocacy association.
ACO Share & Care Day - Feb. 23February 23 is ACO Donation Day! Bring in BATH AND BODY SOAP and you can wear SLIPPERS TO SCHOOL ON THAT DAY!