Watch D.O.G.S Sign UpHey Dads and Father-Figures! Green kids LOVE dads at school! Please sign up to be a Watch D.O.G volunteer with this link http://signup.com/go/aggbdQ
Please go to http://www.allenisd.org/Page/214 to complete the required AISD volunteer background check as soon as possible to participate as a school volunteer.
Official Watch Dog Uniform shirts can be purchased via the Green Elementary PT Avenue store: http://store.greenpta.org. Orders accepted through October 30th.
Please contact Shelley Bashaw with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Box Tops 4 Education - Help Earn Money For Our School!Help us earn money for our school by collecting Box Tops! With your help, we earned over $900 last year, and we'd love to beat that this year! The first collection deadline is coming up soon - Friday October 21th!You can turn in loose Box Tops in a bag (Ziploc Brands have Box Tops!) or attach them to collection sheets sent home in the Thursday Folder. Bonus certificates should be placed loose in the box. Collection sheets do not need to be complete.
We have a brand new Box Tops Collection Box in the front of the school. Let's fill it up!
You can learn more about the program and how it works at www.boxtops4education.com.Here are easy ways to earn with Box Tops:
Thanks for your help! Every Clip Counts!
- Purchase these products, then clip the box tops & bring them to school. New brands include: Annie’s Homegrown & Lysol!
- Download & Redeem offers on your smartphone with the Box Tops Bonus App.
- Collect Bonus Certificates on specially marked boxes.
- Check for Bonus Box Tops Promotions at the stores where you shop, like Sam’s Club & Amazon Prime Pantry!
- Clip coupons for Box Tops Items at the Box Tops Website.
- Enter digital Box Tops codes from product packaging & receipts!
- Ask friends & family to collect Box Tops!
Join Green PTA & Back the Future! - Join Before Oct. 10
Registering is easy at JoinPTA.org. It only takes 1 minute! Choose Allen ISD and Green Elementary from drop down menu.Membership is only $6 and both parents may join!
WHY BECOME A PTA MEMBER?
- Join before Oct. 10 to get a FREE printed directory so that you can easily contact other parents!
- Class with most PTA registrations gets $8 voucher per child to use at Scholastic Book Fair in October and their teacher gets an extra $100 for their class library!
- Help fund important programs at Green: $4,200...Books for classroom libraries, $3,700...Student scholarships for field trips, $6,100...Family programs, $1,000...Anti bullying education, and much more!
- Member only discounts such as 20% off HERTZ car rentals, FREE child seat with car rental, etc. Learn more atwww.pta.org/benefits.
- Become part of largest National Child Advocacy association.
Watch D.O.G.S. Pizza Night - Sept. 26 Volunteers Needed!We need 4-6 volunteers to assist in signing up Watch D.O.G.S. and students, selling Watch D.O.G.S. t-shirts, and assisting with serving of pizza and drinks. We also need one person with an SLR camera to help take pictures of Watch D.O.G.S. and students.Please sign up here: http://signup.com/go/DpsQSx
Celebrate Me Week - Sept. 26 - 30 Volunteers Needed!Celebrate Me Week is a special time to focus on core elements of who we are as a school community. Respecting differences and showing kindness and compassion to others is the "Green Elementary Way". Mark your calendars for Celebrate Me Week ~ Sept.26th - Sept. 30th!
Please consider being part of this life changing week for our children as we celebrate how each one of us is unique as we grow in compassion and understanding.Please make sure your Allen I.S.D. Volunteer Background Check is completed in order to volunteer during Celebrate Me Week.
Kroger Rewards - Enroll now!Sign up for Kroger Community Rewards Program to earn money for Green! Based on a percentage of your spending, Green raises funds with every eligible purchase using your Kroger Plus card at no extra cost or expense to you. (It does not subtract from your rewards points). After your on-line registration is complete, it is valid from 8/30/16 until 8/31/17. During this time a percentage of your purchases using your Kroger Plus card will accumulate as monetary rewards to Green. PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR CARD MUST BE RE-ENROLLED IN THE PROGRAM EVERY YEAR.Enroll your Kroger Plus card on-line at www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com. Sign In to your account using your name and password or Create an Account. Choose Enroll Now. The Organization number is #81171. Select your Organization. The Organization name is Green Elementary PTA on Comanche.
Back 2 Basics - Donate now!Why We Raise MoneyOur children deserve the very best learning environment that we can provide them. We are fortunate that Allen ISD provides such a great foundation for our school, but your donations to the Green PTA are an essential part of the school experience for your children.
Here are just a few examples of ways that your donations to Back 2 Basics make a difference:
Please donate to the Back2Basics campaign today at store.greenpta.org. See below for a special incentive!
- Books for classroom libraries ...$4,200
- Student scholarships for field trips ...$3,700
- Community social events ...$6,100
- Veteran's Day .... $500
- STEAM Day ... $600
- Environmental / Memory Garden ... $950
- Field Day ... $1,000
- Rachel's Challenge .... $1,000
- Providing these opportunities to our children .... PRICELESS!
Donate to our New Makerspace!The library has become a buzz of activity! Besides checking out books and story time, we have added Makerspace to enhance the library experience. Students are excited to go to a center for some critical thinking, using imagination, and being creative.By working in small groups, students learn to plan together to construct, solve, or create projects. We have been fortunate to be able to purchase a few things for our Makerspace stations, but would like some help with things you may have that you are willing to donate or purchase to increase our productivity.We are looking for gently used or new puzzles (complete with all pieces), Legos, origami paper, potholder looms, beads of all sizes (except seed beads), and rainbow looms for rubber band bracelets.Thank you for considering donating to our library! If you have questions please contact Carol Olsin, Library Media Specialist: email@example.com