Green Warrior Run - Looking for Corporate Sponsors!On April 7 Green PTA will be hosting our first ever Green Warrior Run (a fun obstacle course that 100% of students will participate in during their "specials" period). This exciting event will help raise funds so that the PTA can sponsor an exciting new program at Green: Leader in Me (www.leaderinme.org).We are in need of corporate sponsors for this event who would be willing to donate cash for prizes or kid oriented services/products. Additionally, we are in search of corporations, non-profits, or private individuals that may provide grant support for the Leader in Me program.Please contact Wendy Johnson (email@example.com) or Stacia Butler (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to donate or know of any companies we can reach out to.Parents, more information about the Warrior Run will be coming home after spring break!
ACO Share & Care Day - Feb. 23February 23 is ACO Donation Day! Bring in BATH AND BODY SOAP and you can wear SLIPPERS TO SCHOOL ON THAT DAY!
GATE Parent Meeting - March 14Please join us for a GATE Informational Parent Meeting on March 14th at Curtis Middle School from 6:30pm - 7:30pm in the Curtis cafeteria. This meeting is for new and interested students seeking to participate at the GATE Academy for the 2017-2018 school year.This meeting is intended for currently identified Kindergarten through 5th grade GT students who are not currently enrolled a GATE.The purpose of this meeting is to provide an overview of the GATE Academy as well as information regarding the number of open seats available for the 2017-2018 school year.To participate in the GATE Lottery Selection process, the lottery application will open on the GATE website under the department of Learner Services between March 14th and March 31st. Students must be currently identified and served in the AISD GT program in order to apply for the GATE Lottery Selection process.
Box Tops 4 Education - Help Us Earn Cash For Our School! Last Collection FridayThanks to you, we had a successful Box Tops 1st submission! We sent in $319 worth of Box Tops! Thanks!
Our next deadline is February 24th, but please turn in Box Tops at any time. The box is emptied every Friday.
You can turn in loose Box Tops in a bag (Ziploc Brands have Box Tops!) or attach them to collection sheets sent home in the ThursdayFolder. Bonus certificates should be placed loose in the box. Collection sheets do not need to be complete.
You can learn more about the program and how it works at www.boxtops4education.com.
STAAR Testing CalendarIn the upcoming weeks and months, our students will be participating in district STAAR simulations as well as the state STAAR assessments. Please make note of the dates below to determine when you student is involved:STAAR District Simulation Testing DatesFebruary 21st-STAAR Simulation Math 3rd, 4th, 6thFebruary 22nd- STAAR Simulation Reading 3rd, 4th, 6thFebruary 23rd- STAAR Simulation Science 5thSTAAR Testing DatesMarch 28th- STAAR Writing 4thMarch 28th- STAAR Math 5thMarch 29th- STAAR Reading 5thMay 8th- STAAR Math 3rd, 4th, 6thMay 9th- STAAR Reading 3rd, 4th, 6thMay 10th- STAAR Science 5thLunch information on testing daysOn these testing days, students will be eating at the conclusion of their test. In some cases this may be a little later than normal, so we encourage students to bring a snack (that is not noisy or messy) and a bottle of water from home. Students may either bring a lunch or will have the option to purchase their lunch in the café.Other information on testing days
Thank you in advance for your support as we create an ideal testing environment for all of our students!
- We ask that you refrain from scheduling doctor appointments on days where we are scheduled to test.
- Please do not plan to pick up your child early as this disrupts the testing environment.
- Please plan to have your child to school on time as this is a timed test and we want them to have adequate time to finish.
- Cell phones and electronic devices will not be allowed in the classroom during testing. Please consider having your child leave his/her cell phone and/or electronic device at home on testing days if possible. If they do bring their phone, please know that per state regulations we are required to pick these devices up and they are locked up until the completion of testing. All devices will be returned before the end of the school day.
Join Green PTA & Back the Future!
Registering is easy at JoinPTA.org. It only takes 1 minute! Choose Allen ISD and Green Elementary from drop down menu.Membership is only $6 and both parents may join!
WHY BECOME A PTA MEMBER?
- Join before Oct. 10 to get a FREE printed directory so that you can easily contact other parents!
- Class with most PTA registrations gets $8 voucher per child to use at Scholastic Book Fair in October and their teacher gets an extra $100 for their class library!
- Help fund important programs at Green: $4,200...Books for classroom libraries, $3,700...Student scholarships for field trips, $6,100...Family programs, $1,000...Anti bullying education, and much more!
- Member only discounts such as 20% off HERTZ car rentals, FREE child seat with car rental, etc. Learn more atwww.pta.org/benefits.
- Become part of largest National Child Advocacy association.