Guidance and Counseling
Allen ISD Guidance & Counseling
612 E. Bethany Drive
Allen, TX 75002
Allen ISD Elementary Counselors
Seated: Stacey Thomas, Mary Jane Barnes, Jan Bower, Sandee Moffett, Julie Northam
Back Row: Angie Mirkes, Jodi Measels, Katie Rasmussen, Susan Guest, Lori Dunham, Nicole Oliver, Michelle Gilbert, Karen McWilliams, Calli Smith
Not Pictured: Dana McEvoy, Stacia Butler
Seated: Jolene Johnson, Renae Perez
Back Row: Heather Youngquist, Kim Petty, Roxanne LeCroy, Debra Day
Lowery Freshman Center Counselors
Trina Brown, Tracy Mandeville, Cora Jackson
Allen High School Counselors
Seated: Donna Marshall, Buffy Ferguson, Dustin Tamplen, Stacey Ruff, Shamia Coleman, Donna Brinlee
Back Row: Heather Quast, Jami Tuttle, Lisa Bullock, Brenda Boysselle, Karen Foster, Karen Dunham
Jennifer Atencio Phyllis Spain
AISD Support Counselor Director of Administrative & Student Services
The Allen ISD Counseling Program is built upon the National Model outlined by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA). All curriculum and activities reflect these high standards.
The Allen ISD Counseling Program is a comprehensive curriculum, preventive in design and developmental in nature. Curriculum is written to ensure equity and access.
The Counseling Curriculum focuses on three areas or Domains: Academic, Career, and Personal/Social. The purpose of the Program is to impart specific skills, knowledge and attitudes that lead to specific learning outcomes or competencies within these areas.
Allen ISD Counseling Program Mission Statement
The mission of Allen ISD School Counseling Program is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career, personal/social development of all students. School counselors are professional school advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement. In partnership with other educators, parents or guardians and the community, school counselors facilitate the support system to ensure all students in AISD have access to and are prepared with the knowledge and skills to contribute at the highest level as productive members of society.
Who Are AISD Professional School Counselors?
* Masters Degree in School Counseling
* Texas Teaching Certificate
* Minimum 3 Years Teaching Experience
AISD School Counseling Programs Teach
* Effective learning in school and across the lifespan
* Academic preparation for post-secondary options
* Relationship of academics to work, family and community life
* Investigate the world of work to make informed decisions
* Strategies to achieve future career goals
* Relationship to personal qualities, education, training and the world of work
Personal & Social Development
* Interpersonal skills to respect self and others
* Decision making, setting goals and taking action to achieve goals
* Understanding everyday safety and survival skills