New Teacher Staff Development Information
Welcome new teachers to Allen ISD! We are excited to have you as a part of our learning community. We know that many of you are anxious to begin getting familiar with our district curriculum and resources in order to begin planning with your teammates for the upcoming year. Therefore, we are excited to help you get started with the process. Here are the first three steps that you will need to take to gain access to our district network and resources.
1) Accessing District Curriculum Documents - Included below is a tutorial video with step by step instructions on how to access our district curriculum documents. A click sheet is included here as well for your reference.
If the above video does not play, please use this link.
2) Eduphoria Access and Registration
Eduphoria is a suite of applications used in Allen ISD for various purposes, including Staff Development Workshop. Eduphoria allows staff to locate and register for Allen ISD professional learning and other employee training. It also maintains a record of employee attendance as required by TEA and district policies.
New employees must complete a profile in Eduphoria the first time they log in. During your tenure in AISD, updates to that profile should be completed each time you transfer to a new campus or change positions within the district. Updating this information is essential so the employee receives updated options for staff development relevant to their location and status.
There are several ways to access Eduphoria:
Included below is a tutorial video with step by step instructions on how to log in, create your Eduphoria profile, and register for the two New Teacher Traditions staff development sessions.
- From any computer, even at home, browse to http://eduphoria.allenisd.org
- From Outlook's Start Page - Inside Allen ISD. Click Staff Links and then Eduphoria
- From the For Staff - Quick Links page on the Intranet
- Open a browser on any district computer and type help in the address field
- The first session for registration in Eduphoria is New Teacher/New to District Teacher Traditions scheduled for Tuesday, August 9.
- The second session for registration in Eduphoria is New Teacher/New to District, PLC and Assessment scheduled for Wednesday, August 10.
- Registering for these sessions is a requirement for all professional staff new to the district.
If the above video does not play, use this link.
3) New Teacher Traditions Schedule - The attached schedule provides a daily overview of your staff development requirements beginning on Monday, August 8, 2016. Please note that you will report to your assigned campus on that day.
Once again we are excited to have you in Allen! We look forward to working with you in the upcoming school year.
Please feel free to contact Learner Services at 972-236-0710 with any questions that you may have.