New Student Registration for Kindergarten thru 6th Grade
Welcome Future Norton Knight!
Online Enrollment is now available for current year 2015-2016 students and incoming 2016 - 2017 students. Please visit Allen ISD New Student Online Enrollment link for instructions and parent tutorial. After you have submitted your child's online enrollment application, please contact your school for an enrollment appointment and bring the following supporting documents to Norton Elementary. If you have any questions, please contact Norton Registrar Kathryn Stone at Kathryn_stone@allenisd.org or 972-678-1981.
- Required Enrollment Documents to complete, print out, and bring to enrollment:
- Required Supporting Documents to bring to enrollment:
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Social Security Number
- Immunization Records
- Picture ID of Parent/Guardian Enrolling Student
- Court Documents regarding Parental Rights (if applicable)
- (2) Proofs of Residency within schools attendance boundaries:
- HUD Settlement Statement, or Closing Disclosure OR
- Lease Agreement, OR
- Contract of Sale/Lease Contract , OR
- Current Voter Registration Card
- Current Utility Bill (gas, water or electric) one only
- Sworn Affidavit as a Bona Fide Resident (Residency Affidavit – available at registration)
- Withdrawal Form/Report Card from previous school
- Previous School Address & Phone Number
District Policy Regarding Absence Notes
If your child is absent from school due to illness, family emergency, religious holy day, or documented juvenile court proceeding, the district requires a parent/guardian to provide a hand-written excuse note or doctor’s note providing the reason for the absence within 3 days of your child’s return to school. These notes allow the school to code the absence “excused.” All absences will be coded as “unexcused” until the office receives a note. Excuse notes are very important since 10 or more unexcused absences within a 6 month period are considered a violation of the compulsory attendance law in Texas.