LFC Counselors Welcome You!
House 100 Counselor (A-Gn) - Cora Jackson
House 200 Counselor (Go-Om) - Blanca Garcias
House 300 Counselor (On-Z) - Tracy Mandeville
Assessment Coordinator - Trina Brown
Support Counselor - Mary Safi
~~* MISSION STATEMENT
Lowery Freshman Centers' school counseling program
provides a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the
academic, career and personal/social development of all students.
- To partner with and support the LFC teachers, students, families,
and the community.
- To provide all students with access, knowledge and skills to reach
their full potential.
- To continue to stay abreast of current ethics, standards and laws
in school counseling.
~~* SCHOOL COUNSELORS &
is important that a student’s conversations with a school counselor be kept
confidential, confidentiality does have its limitations. According to the
American School Counselor Association’s Ethical Standards for School
Counselors, counselors must “keep information confidential unless legal
requirements demand that confidential information be revealed or a breach is
required to prevent serious and foreseeable harm to the student” (American
School Counselor Association [ASCA], 2010).
The most frequent type of breaches include a student verbalizing the following:
1) Verbal, Physical or Sexual Abuse
3) A Desire to Harm Him/Herself
4) A Desire to Harm Someone Else
5) An Unreported Sexual Assault