Allen Eagle Run-on February 29th register under AHS- NHS. 1 service hour with registration, even with sleep in option, must have screen shot of receipt; https://www.allenisd.org/Page/25577
LOVE WEEK- NHS will be selling Val-O-Grams starting Wednesday, February 5th in front of cafeteria in the morning and during all lunches, support our efforts to give to a worthy cause. Selling for deliveries Feb. 5th - 11th and selling to cash and carry 12th-14th. $2.00 each all $$ goes to Love Week Campaign
Please access your class tab on the left to sign up for the correct remind code.
*Demerit notifications will be coming out soon via email and link through remind.
ALL NEW INDUCTEES- MAKE SURE THAT YOU GO ON X2VOL AND JOIN THE NHS GROUP TO ENTER YOUR HOURS
Service Hours Requirements for all members:
Requirements for NHS membership at AHS: * Invitations go out late in fall:
- 15 per semester- from 3 different events & at least 5 have to be internal (internal = Allenisd events, City of Allen, ACO)
- Please check x2vol for many hour opportunities.
- Eligible Students:
- All grade levels, sophomore, junior and senior, will be included in the identification process
- Eligible members will be notified in late fall
- Invitations will be sent via email with a link to the membership information forms
- Deadline for the invitation process is firm, so make sure you complete the forms within the open Invitation period
- Note: Honor code violations will be reviewed prior to invitations being sent
- Cumulative GPA required:
- GPA requirement for eligibility is 3.95, weighted and unrounded
- New students transferring in to AHS:
- NHS members from prior school will need a letter from former school sponsor in order to be able to join our program
- To be included in the identification process, must be on campus for at least one semester
NJHS is a separate organization and does not automatically transfer students into the NHS at Allen High School.The following are the standards for membership in NHS at Allen High School:
- Attend 70% meetings for the school year Uphold the NHS pillars of character, leadership, scholarship, and service. Also - there will be dues of $10 (paid through school pay) for each year of membership. 30 service hours, 15/semester are mandatory. Hours have to be from three different events and at least 5 of the 15/semester have to be internal hours.
- GPA requirements must be maintained each semester to retain membership