News and Announcements79 Allen HS and Lowery Freshman Choir Students Win Spots in All-Region ChoirAuditions for the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) Region 25 High School Choirs were held on October 6th. Students competed for spots in an all-region choir against schools from Bonham ISD, Celine ISD, Denison ISD, Farmersville ISD, Lovejoy ISD, McKinney ISD, Melissa ISD, Pottsboro ISD, Princeton ISD, Rockwall ISD, Sherman ISD, Whitesboro ISD, and Wylie ISD. The students performed a series of prepared musical excerpts as well as sight read music before a panel of judges.
Approximately 588 students began the audition process competing for 265 spots. A total of 79 Allen ISD choral musicians were selected to perform in one of the three all-region choirs. All of these ensembles will rehearse with a guest conductor on November 3rd at the Allen High School Performing Arts Center and present a concert for family and friends at 5:00pm to conclude their all-region experience. The concert is free and open to the public.The Foundation for Music Education names Allen ISD Orchestras and Bands as winners in National Competition.
Mark of Excellence National Winners (top groups):
· Curtis MS Chamber Orchestra directed by Amanda Su
· Curtis MS Symphony Orchestra directed by Amanda Su and Linda Orrantia
· Ereckson MS Chamber Orchestra directed by Joanna DeVoto
Mark of Excellence Commended Winners (top groups):
· Allen HS Chamber Orchestra directed by David DeVoto
· Allen HS Wind Ensemble directed by Dr. Philip Obado
Citation of Excellence National Winner (Non varsity bands):
· Allen HS Wind Symphony directed by Joel May
Citation of Excellence Commended Winner (Non varsity bands):
· Allen HS Symphonic Band 1 directed by Tony Daniels
Last Modified Yesterday at 12:01 PM