(In conjunction with the Technology Procedures)
Beginning classroom procedures
- Be in seat and logged onto computer when tardy bell rings.
- Sit in your assigned seat.
- Use only your log in ID and password. Do not share this info w/ classmates
- Students are not allowed to leave the classroom unless they have a note from their house office.
- If you have a note to leave for an appointment, this letter must be taken to your house office prior to class time, you then will receive a slip from your house office to leave at the time in which you need to leave.
- Restroom breaks
- A student will be allowed only 3 times to leave the classroom for a restroom break during each nine weeks. Students are encouraged to use the restroom between passing periods. A student will be given 3 passes every nine weeks in which they can use to leave the classroom for this purpose. Once the student uses up their 3 passes, they will not be allowed to leave the classroom, unless it is an emergency or they have a doctor’s note. At the end of the nine weeks the students can turn in their unused passes for extra credit (10 pt. each towards a daily grade) Students are encouraged to use wise decisions in this manner.
- Leaving the classroom to go to a student’s house office, pay lunch money, or any other business will not be tolerated unless they have a pass from their house office or they are on a Student Activity Excused List.
End of Classroom Procedures
- Five minutes till the end of class time, students will begin closing procedures:
- Students are to turn in completed work in the designated area..
- Students are to log off their computers.
- Books and classroom handouts are returned to appropriate places.
- Students are to remain in their seat until the teacher releases them; the bell does not release the students. The teacher will dismiss the class once all computers are in appropriate positions, books placed appropriately and classroom is picked up
- Once student is release they are required to push their chair under the table in its appropriate position.
Turning work in
- All class work is due the day it is assigned or it will be considered late.
- All late work will start at a 70, unless the student comes in during a tutorial time to complete the assignment prior to the next class time.
- If two class times pass and work is still not turned in, the student will receive a zero for their grade on the assignment.
- A student is responsible for the assignment on the day he/she is absent.
- It is the student’s responsibility to find out what work he/she missed.
- A student will have one complete class time to turn in missed work. If work is not turned in, it will then be considered a zero.
- There are no books/work that can be taken or completed at home. If a student needs to make up work, they are required to come in during tutorials to make the assignment up.
Cell phones, IPods (MP3 players) & other Electronic Devices
- Cell phones will be picked up if they are out in site, student hiding the use of the phone (i.e. in purse, pocket, or backpack) or if ringer/vibration goes off. If a student’s phone gets confiscated they may pick up their cell phone in their house office.
- IPods / MP3 players & other Electronic Devices are not permitted unless teacher has given permission, therefore will be picked up if taken out in class. Students are not to use headphones/ear buds unless given permission to use on computers, these will also be confiscated.