Guidance and Counseling612 E. Bethany DriveAllen, TX 75002
Allen ISD Counseling Belief Statements
- That ALL students are capable of becoming life-long learners, effective problem-solvers, effective communicators, and responsible and engaged citizens.
- In the importance of healthy and supportive relationships with students, staff, and parents.
- In advocating for students and striving to empower them to break down barriers that impede student growth and success.
- In supporting the unique developmental needs of each student so her/his full potential in social/emotional, academic, and college/career readiness can be achieved.
- In supporting students through a data-driven design, implementation, and evaluation of our comprehensive counseling program to make informed decisions and ensure program integrity.
- In teaching and modeling respect and acceptance of one another, to help our students embrace diversity, individuality, and resilience.
The Allen ISD Counseling Program is built upon the National Model outlined by the Texas Model for Comprehensive School Counseling Programs. All curriculum and activities reflect these high standards. The Allen ISD Counseling Program is a comprehensive curriculum, preventive in design and developmental in nature. Curriculum is written to ensure equity and access. The Counseling Curriculum focuses on three areas or Domains: Academic, Career, and Social/Emotional. The purpose of the Program is to impart specific skills, knowledge and attitudes that lead to specific learning outcomes or competencies within these areas.
Allen ISD Counseling Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Allen ISD School Counseling Program is to provide a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate program that addresses the academic, career, and social/emotional development of all students. AISD counselors are advocates who, in partnership with other stakeholders, provide support to maximize academic achievement and student potential.Allen ISD Elementary CounselorsSeated: Jan Bower, Cathie Vaughan, Dr. Jason Sharp, Ashley Barbeau, Sarah GosdinMiddle Row: Sandra Moffett, Angie Mirkes, Stacey Thomas, Calli Smith, Michelle Gilbert, Katie Rasmussen, Jamie BramlettBack Row: Patricia Chavez, Dawn Horton, Susan Guest, Mary Jane Barnes, Julie Lindberg, Nicole Oliver
Allen ISD Middle School CounselorsSeated: Heather Youngquist, Trebreh Benjamin, Paige CentenoStanding: Debra Day, Emily Danner, Roxanne LeCroy, Loren Clanton, Jennifer WedgeLowery Freshman Center CounselorsAricka Marshall, Dustin Tamplen, Cora Jackson, Blanca Barnwell, Karen Foster, Jamie SartenAllen High School CounselorsFront Row: Kristen Barger, Cynthia Greenwood, Bing Thepsiri, Jami Manley, Kim Petty, Brenda Boysselle
Back Row: Buffy Summers, Donna Marshall, LaShey Sisemore, Laura Zavala, Dinita Willmann, Amber Purtell, Carrie Howell, Dedrick LinwoodAllen ISD Support CounselorsJamie Sarten, Lowery Freshman CenterJennifer Atencio, AHS Support CounselorDerrick Sledge, Middle School Support CounselorHeather Braun, Dillard Special Achievement CenterPenny Wiseman, Coordinator of Counseling 7-12Cheryl Loving, Director of CounselingWho Are AISD Professional School Counselors?Professionals with…
* Masters Degree in School Counseling* Texas Teaching Certificate* Minimum 3 Years Teaching Experience