Library Media Center Policies and Procedures
The goals of the Bolin Library Media Center are to support student learning within the classroom and to inspire a love of reading and life-long learning.
The LMC is open during regular school hours. Grades K-3 have a scheduled lesson and check out each week. Grades 4-6 alternate between scheduled lessons with check out and only check out. Students may also come individually or in small groups as needed with teacher permission. Our flexible schedule allows teachers and students to use the library at their time of need.
- Kindergarten - 1 book for 2 weeks
- First through Fourth Grade - 2 books for 2 weeks
- Fifth and Sixth Grade - 3 books for 2 weeks
- Kindergarten - 6th Grade - no fines
Lost or Damaged Books:
- Students will pay the cost of the book so that it can be replaced.
- Please visit our Lost and Damaged Book Payment instructions by clicking here.
Other Circulation Information:
- Students may renew books (up to 2 times) at the library if they are not finished by the book's due date.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure his or her books are returned on time.
- Students may visit the library individually to check in and check out books with teacher permission.
- Students may use Destiny through the AISD Portal to see when books are due and to keep track of their LMC account.
- Books from our 6th Grade Only may only be checked out by 6th graders. Parents may send a note or email the librarian at email@example.com if they would like to give their children special permission to check out from this section without being in sixth grade.