Library Media Center Policies and Procedures
The goals of the Bolin Library Media Center are to support student learning within the classroom and to inspire a love of reading and life-long learning.
The LMC is open during regular school hours. Grades K-2 have a scheduled lesson and check out each week. Grades 3-6 alternate between scheduled lessons with check out and only check out. Fifth and sixth grades may also come individually or in small groups. Our flexible schedule allows teachers and students to use the library at their time of need.
- Kindergarten - 1 book for 2 weeks
- First through Fourth Grade - 2 books for 2 weeks
- Fifth and Sixth Grade - 3 books for 2 weeks
- Kindergarten - 6th Grade - no fines
Lost or Damaged Books:
- Students will pay the cost of the book so it can be replaced.
- Students must pay the current cost of the book or purchase a replacement copy with library binding
- Lost or damaged hardback books cannot be replaced with paperback books
Other Circulation Information:
- Students may renew books at the library if they are not finished by the book's due date.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure his or her books are returned on time.
- Students may visit the library individually to check in and check out books with teacher permission.
- Students may use Destiny through the AISD Portal to see when books are due and to keep track of their LMC account.
Electronic Reader Policy