Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you register online?
Yes, registration will be available online November 1, 2020 at www.AllenEagleRun.org
$25 through February 5, 2021 (no processing fees!)
$30 from February 6 through February 24, 2021. No registrations after that time (no processing fees!)
- When does the online registration close?
Online registration closes at midnight on Wednesday, February 24, 2021.
- Do PTAs and campuses receive credit for online registrations?
Yes, PTAs and school campuses will receive credit for any online registration that designates their school.
- How much do PTAs and Campuses receive?
PTAs receive $3.00 per entrant that designate their campus.
School Campuses receive $2.00 per entrant that designate their campus.
- Do children in strollers need to be registered?
No, there is no fee for children in strollers.
- Can I get a refund?
Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather. Your entry fee will be considered a donation to the Foundation For Allen Schools.
- What is the Sleep-In registration?
The Sleep-In registration allows individuals to donate to the Foundation without having to participate in the event. This is a good option for someone who cannot attend the run but wants to support your school and help you reach your goal. Some families sign up relatives from out of town, such as grandparents. This is also popular with teachers. Sleep-In registration is available online, and entrants receive a Race Packet with a t-shirt.
- What is a Race Packet?
The Race Packet for 2021 will include: Race t-shirts and your participation ribbons. The standard items included, like coupons and giveaways from sponsors and community businesses, etc., will be available through a link where you can browse the offers and use at your convenience. With Covid-19, we’ve been asked to minimize things being handled and for that reason we are keeping what is being distributed to simply the shirt and participation ribbon.
- Do all entrants receive a t-shirt?
T-shirts are NOT guaranteed AFTER February 5th, 2021. You are guaranteed the size ordered if you register by February 5th. Registrations after February 5th may have limited sizes to choose from or not have a shirt if we exceed the extras ordered.
- How do entrants get their t-shirts and bibs (Race Packet)?
T-shirts will be included in the Race Packets. Entrants will need to pick up their packet. Race Bibs are avialable on the RunSignUp website where you registered. You can print it and pin it on during your run/walk.
*Packet pick up is likely to offer curbside pick up, details to follow soon.
Packets will be available for pick up at the Allen ISD Service Center (1451 North Watters Road, Allen, TX 75013):
Wednesday, February 24: 11am – 7pm
Thursday, February 25: 8am – 6pm
- How are run results tracked?
A bib will be available on the race site which you can print and wear when you decide to complete your run. Race results will be logged in the RaceJoy app or through the registration website.
*MORE INFORMATION will be sent to all participants closer to race week to outline the two easy ways to log your time!*
Run results are categorized by gender and age and are available at www.AllenEagleRun.org
Timing provided by Compton Time and Measure.
- Is the Fun Run/Walk timed?
No. The Fun Run/Walk is an untimed run/walk. (approximately one-mile)
- Is it okay to walk in the 5K?
Yes, you can walk and/or run in both the fun run and 5K race.
- I registered for the wrong event. Can I change events?
Yes. If you have registered for the wrong event, please email email@example.com.
- Do Fun Run/Walk entrants receive a bib?
Digital Bibs are available to every entrant! You can print it off the race website and an email will go out to all registered participants with how to do that closer to race day!
- Can I bring my dog?
At a normal Allen Eagle Run pets are not allowed. But this year as a VIRTUAL event, pets walking/running with you is strongly encouraged!
- Can participants dress-up at the run?
While this will not be our normal Eagle Run we still encourage participants to show school spirit! Wear school colors, hold banners and pennants, have lots of fun, and be sure to share your photos on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtags #AllenEagleRun, #AllenEagleRun2021, and tag us at @AllenEagleRun!
- What awards are given out at the run?
5K: Finishers will receive a participation ribbon.
Medals will be given out for Overall male/female & Masters male/female
Top 3 male and top 3 females for each age group 8 and younger, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-19, 20-24,and every 5 years to 80+
Fun Run/Walk: All participants will receive a participation ribbon.
- Who benefits from the Eagle Run?
School PTAs will receive $3 per registration received through their school (online and day-of entries that designate a school).
- Campus programs will receive $2 per registration received through their school (online and day-of entries that designate a school).
- Allen Council of PTAs proceeds are awarded as scholarships to graduating AHS seniors.
- Foundation For Allen Schools proceeds are awarded as scholarships to Allen ISD teachers, educational grants, and other Foundation programs.
- Creates a Family Fun Event
- Promotes a Healthy Lifestyle
- Promotes School Pride
- Creates a Fun Community Event