Frequently Asked Questions
- When filling out a paper registration form versus registering online, does all the information on the form need to be filled in?
For 5K entrants, all information on the registration form must be completed.
- Is a signature required for each entrant?
Yes, if the entrant is under 18 a parent signature is required.
- Can you register online?
Yes, online registration is easy and recommended. Registration opens Nov 1, 2020!
$25 through Feb. 5, 2021 (No processing fees!)
$30 from Feb 6 through Feb 25, 2021 (No processing fees!)
$35 from Feb 25 through Feb 27 at 8:30 am
- When does the online registration close?
Online registration closes at 8:30 am on Saturday, Feb 27.
- Do PTAs and campuses receive credit for online registrations?
Yes, PTAs and school campuses will receive credit for any online registration that designates their school.
- How much do PTAs and Campuses receive?
PTAs receive $3.00 per entrant that designate their campus.
School Campuses receive $2.00 per entrant that designate their campus.
- Can participants register the day of the run?
Participants can register at the run for $35. School credit will be given for day of run registrations as long as they designate a school on the registration form.
- Do children in strollers need to be registered?
No, there is no fee for children in strollers.
- Can I get a refund?
Entry fees are non-refundable, including the event of inclement weather. Your entry fee will be considered a donation to the Foundation For Allen Schools.
- What is the Sleep-In registration?
The Sleep-In registration allows individuals to donate to the Foundation without having to participate in the event. This is a good option for someone who cannot attend the run but wants to support your school and help you reach your goal. Some families sign up relatives from out of town, such as grandparents. This is also popular with teachers. Sleep-In registration is available online, and entrants receive a Race Packet with a t-shirt.
- What is a Race Packet?
The Race Packet contains the t-shirt, numbered race bib (with tracking chip for 5K) to wear at the run, information, coupons, and items from Eagle Run sponsors and community businesses
- Do all entrants receive a t-shirt?
All entrants will receive a t-shirt. Entrants who submit the entry form by Jan 31, 2021 will receive a t-shirt in their requested size. After Jan 31, sizes may be limited.
- How do entrants get their t-shirts and bibs (Race Packet)?
T-shirts and race bibs will be included in the Race Packet and will be available at Packet Pickup.
You may pick up your Race Packet on Feb 24 or Feb 25:
Allen ISD Administration Building (612 E. Bethany Drive)
February 24: 11 am - 7 pm (Wednesday)
February 25: 7:30 am - 6 pm (Thursday)
Any packets not picked up at Allen ISD Administration Building be available at the run.
Race Packets will be available for pick up on race day, starting at 7am at the Packet Pickup Tent. We recommended picking up before race day to avoid long lines.
- How are run results tracked?
5K entrants will receive a numbered bib with a timing tag attached. Run results are categorized by gender and age and are available at www.AllenEagleRun.org - Timing provided by Compton Time and Measure.
- Is the Fun Run/Walk timed?
No. The Fun Run/Walk is an untimed run/walk. (approximately one-mile)
- Is it okay to walk in the 5K?
Yes, you can walk and/or run in both the fun run and 5K race.
- What if an entrant loses their bib/timing tag?
Lost bibs will be replaced at the Information Booth the day of the run. A fee will be charged for lost bibs/timing tags.
- I registered for the wrong event. Can I change events?
Yes. Visit the Information Booth the morning of the run to make the changes
- Do Fun Run/Walk entrants receive a bib?
Fun Run/Walk entrants will receive a “Fun Run” bib. They do not receive a timing tag.
- Can I bring my dog?
No, the Allen Police Department strongly discourages pets at the event.
- Can my child ride his/her scooter or skateboard in the Fun Run?
No, scooters and skateboards will not be allowed. Small children are welcome to ride in strollers.
- Can participants dress-up at the run?
Participants are encouraged to show school spirit at the run by wearing school colors, holding banners and pennants, wearing bandanas, etc.
- What awards are given out to Schools?
Highest Percentage of Participation
2019 - Preston Elementary (1st place: $1,000)
2019 - Green Elementary (2nd place: $750)
2018 - Preston Elementary (1st place: $1,000)
2018 - Green Elementary (2nd place: $500)
2017 - Boon Elementary (1st place: $1,000)
2017 - Green Elementary (2nd place: $500)
Outstanding, Extraordinary, Creative Promotion
2019 - Evans Elementary ($750)
2018 - Kerr Elementary (tie: $750)
2018 - Rountree Elementary (tie: $750)
2017 - Marion Elementary (tie: $750)
2017 - Ford Middle School (tie: $750)
Highest Number of Registration
2019 - Preston Elementary (207 entries)
2018 - Allen High School (396 entries)
2017 - Ford Middle School (331 entries)
2017 - Ereckson Middle School (304 entries, 2nd place)
- What awards are given out at the run?
5K: Finishers will receive a participation ribbon.
Medals will be given out for Overall male/female & Masters male/female
Top 3 male and top 3 females for each age group 8 and younger, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-19, 20-24,and every 5 years to 80+
Fun Run/Walk: All participants will receive a participation ribbon.
- Who benefits from the Eagle Run?
School PTAs will receive $3 per registration received through their school (online and day-of entries that designate a school).
- Campus programs will receive $2 per registration received through their school (online and day-of entries that designate a school).
- Allen Council of PTAs proceeds are awarded as scholarships to graduating AHS seniors.
- Foundation For Allen Schools proceeds are awarded as scholarships to Allen ISD teachers, educational grants, and other Foundation programs.
- Creates a Family Fun Event
- Promotes a Healthy Lifestyle
- Promotes School Pride
- Creates a Fun Community Event