Volunteering at Allen ISD
Register to Be a Volunteer
Volunteers who work with Allen ISD student groups and organizations will need to complete a volunteer application. These groups include, but are not limited to, PTA organizations, booster clubs, cheerleading squads, dance squads (athletic and fine arts), and any other Allen ISD student organizations where adults will be working with students other than their own children Allen ISD-sponsored events.
Student teachers and observers are also required to complete the volunteer application.
PRIVATE TEACHERS/INSTRUCTORS: Senate Bill 9 directs school district contractors to obtain state and national criminal history background searches through the DPS criminal history clearinghouse (Fingerprint-based Applicant Clearinghouse of Texas - FACT). All instructors/private lesson teachers are considered contractors with direct contact with students. These individuals are required to complete the fingerprinting background check, along with the required application process.
Allen ISD requires that all volunteers complete the volunteer process each school year. You will be able to use the same USER ID and PASSWORD each year that you apply. For the following school year, the application must be submitted after July 1.
Become a school volunteer by completing the Allen ISD Volunteer Application. Once the application is processed and the criminal background check is complete, you will receive an email notification regarding your application from the Allen ISD Human Resources department.
Click on the following link to fill out the volunteer application.
Out-of-State Volunteers: Allen ISD uses a third party to conduct criminal background checks for persons out of state.
VOLUNTEER APPLICATIONS MAY TAKE UP TO TWO WEEKS TO BE PROCESSED.
DO NOT contact staff members at schools regarding your volunteer application. Your application is a confidential matter. Once you are approved, you will receive an electronic email notification. You will be able to volunteer in the district throughout the school year. If you have problems with your User ID or Password, contact Human Resources at 972-727-0533
- Report to the front desk and sign in. School personnel must know who is in the building.
- Wear an identification badge provided by the school while participating in volunteer activities.
- Work under the direction of the school staff, recognizing that instructing, supervising, grading, and disciplining students are school staff responsibilities.
- Work in collaboration with school staff to plan volunteer activities. When possible, school staff will match volunteer talents with tasks assigned.
- Communicate with designated staff members to ensure clear expectations, task assignments, and feedback on volunteer activity.
- Do not bring your children to school. It is for their safety and well-being that we ask this.
Volunteer Code of Ethics
- Dependability - A volunteer shall be responsible for his/her scheduled times and must notify school staff immediately if not able to meet this commitment.
- Respect for Authority - A volunteer shall respect the authority of the school staff and the school administration.
- Confidentiality - A volunteer shall not discuss school matters or information concerning students outside the classroom with anyone but the designated school staff. If you need help with a student, discuss the matter professionally with the teacher, counselor, assistant principal, or principal.
- Impartiality - A volunteer shall favor no one side or party more than another in all school situations.
- Objectivity - A volunteer shall not let his/her personal feelings enter into his/her work as a volunteer.
- Appearance - A volunteer shall dress appropriately, always remembering that he/she is setting an example for the students.
All information you are told about a student is confidential and sharing that information with others may be a violation of the law.
Although the student is free to share confidential information with you, there are certain things that you are required by law to tell a campus administrator:
- If a student confides that he or she is the victim of sexual, emotional, chemical, or physical abuse, or is considering homicide or suicide, or is involved in any illegal activity, you must notify the student’s principal immediately.
- Document the information that was reported and to whom it was given.
- Remember, this information is extremely personal and capable of damaging lives, so do not share it with anyone except the campus administrator.