Substitute Application Information
Click Here to Apply To Be a Substitute
For consideration to become an Allen ISD substitute you must submit your online substitute application. Applications are reviewed on an as-needed basis throughout the year. Please note: If you are selected, you will be contacted by email. It is recommended you keep your application updated with your current email address.
Current / Former AISD Employees
Once you have submitted a registration and it has been processed by Human Resources, you may complete the online application.
Requirements/Salary – Substitute Teacher
- After you have submitted your online application please send an e-mail stating your interest in substituting to Pamela.Jones@AllenISD.org. In your e-mail please indicate your status as a former employee.
- NOTE: If you are an AISD employee who is retiring through TRS there are rules you must follow prior to becoming a substitute. It is your responsibility to contact TRS to find out what those rules are. You will not be processed until our payroll department has confirmed with us they have paid your last paycheck to you and your retirement status has been reported to TRS.
Substitute Teachers must hold a minimum of 90 college credit hours. A complete file consisting of an application, references (3), college transcripts, criminal background check, and fingerprint clearance, complete the online substitute orientation/training session and complete the new hire paperwork process. Individuals holding a foreign degree must have degree transcripts evaluated by an accredited international degree equivalency Evaluator acceptable to the district and meet the current criteria for a substitute teacher.Salary Scale
- $100 per day with 90+ college credit hours or Bachelor’s degree
- $115 per day for subs who hold current teaching certification
- $150 per day for RNs
- $150 per day for long-term certified teachers (you must be a currently certified teacher to work a long-term teaching assignment).
- Professional subs will receive their daily sub rate based on their credentials and will no longer be paid the paraprofessional daily rate.
- There is not a long-term sub rate for long-term paraprofessional absences, the sub's daily rate will apply.
- A long-term assignment is considered a long-term assignment on the 15th consecutive day of the absence. The long-term sub rate of $150 will apply on day 1 of the absence. (Applicable to certified teacher subs only.)
Requirements/Salary – Substitute Aides/Secretaries/Clerks
- AISD Certified Teacher Retirees (additional $5 added to above daily rate)
Substitutes for aides and clerical personnel must have a complete file consisting of an application, references (3), high school diploma or GED, criminal background check and fingerprint clearance, complete the online substitute orientation/training session and complete the new hire paperwork process. Salary Scale
- $75 per day for HS diploma or GED
- $80 per day for HS diploma or GED and working in a special education teacher assistant self-contained classroom
- Paraprofessionals may not sub for a teacher in a long term assignment
- Paraprofessionals may sub for a teacher for a daily absence however the sub's daily rate will not change.
Questions regarding the substitute application process may be sent to email@example.com