Classroom Help/Field TripsIf you plan to help in the classroom or go on field trips you must have completed a background check. A new background check is required each year. This can be completed online at www.allenisd.org, click on visitors and volunteer registration. This will let you fill out the volunteer form needed. Please do so at your earliest convenience. Background checks can take up to two weeks to be completed. We hope many of you will volunteer this year. There are many opportunities for helping in our first grade classrooms.
To change the way your child goes home you must send a written note or contact the front office by phone. Your child will be sent home each day in the manner originally indicated. We will not allow your child to go home with a friend unless we have written or verbal permission from the guardian. If your child is riding the bus home with a friend or riding a different bus one day, the bus driver MUST have a separate note stating the change. If a change in transportation is made after your child is at school, please contact the office before 2:00. We don't always get a chance to check our voicemails or emails before dismissal.
Definitions for End of the Day Transportation
Your child is a walker if:
· The person picking up plans to park and walkup to the building to get the child – You will meet them by the gym; not at the front of the building where car riders are picked up.
· He/she walks home alone or with a sibling.
Your child is a car rider if:
The person picking up your child stays in their car and drives through the pick upline for the designated grade level.·
Your child is a bus rider if:
· He/she will regularly ride either bus #33 or bus #88 home.
Your child is a day care van rider if:
· He/she will regularly go to day care other than Kid’s Club.
Your child is considered Kid’s Club if:
· He/she goes to Kid’s Club here at Bolin.