Sky Ranch Nurse Notes
The dates for Sky Ranch this year are October 26th-28th. In order for everyone to have a safe and healthy experience at Sky Ranch, there are some requirements parents/guardians need to be aware of.
Friday, October 21st is the deadline for all medications/forms to be turned in.
- Each child going to Sky Ranch must have a completed Camp/Trip Medical and Emergency Information form turned in. If your child takes any medication (daily or as needed), we must also have an AISD Medication and Authorization Form for EACH MEDICATION and for EACH STUDENT. Med forms are available from the campus nurse and also can be printed from the AISD website.
- If your child takes medication for allergies or asthma, we will also need a copy of their action plan if there is not one already on file in the clinic.
- If the actual medication is already in the clinic, you must request for it to be sent to camp when turning in the Camp/Trip Medical form.
- The school nurse will provide Cough Drops, Benadryl, and Burn Free Topical Gel for overnight trips. If you are giving permission for these medications to be given to your child, please check the boxes on the Camp/Trip form!
- All other over-the-counter medication must:
- Have an AISD Medication Request form with a physician/health care provider signature authorizing the order.
- Be provided by the parent/guardian in a small sealed/unopened, properly labeled, original container.
- Please be aware that chaperones cannot, by district policy, administer medication (except to their own children).
- Vitamins, supplements, essential oils can not be taken to camp.
- Please be sure that we have up-to-date emergency contacts for you on the Camp/Trip forms. In the event of an illness or emergency, we want to be able to contact you in a timely manner. Also, please be aware that if your child develops a contagious illness, you will be requested to pick up your child at the camp.
- If there are any new medical concerns you would like us to be aware of, please contact the nurse to discuss. Chaperones will be made aware of anyone in their group that has a medical condition unless you request (in advance) that it be kept confidential.
***Medication will not be accepted after October 21st ***