Watch D.O.G.S. – We Need You!
Calling all Reed dads, grandpas, uncles, step-dads, and adult brothers to volunteer as WATCH D.O.G.S. ® (Dads Of Great Students). WATCH D.O.G.S. ® is an innovative program being used by schools across America. This program supports Reed Elementary by creating opportunities for fathers and father-figures to be involved in students’ lives through school volunteer opportunities. The goal is to have a Reed dad, grandpa, uncle, step-dad, or adult brother at school every day, serving as a positive male role model to our students. For more information, you can download an information sheet here.
Dads, grandpas, uncles, step-dads and adult brothers . . . this is your chance to spend a day with your student(s) in the fun atmosphere of school!
In order to participate, you need to do two things:
1. Register as a School Volunteer! To do this you must complete a criminal history background check.
· Go to www.allenisd.org.
· Please allow two weeks for the application to be processed.
· You must complete a new background check each school year.
2. Email our school counselor at Sarah.Gosdin@allenisd.org.
- Email Mrs. Gosdin the date that you would like to volunteer. You must email at least a week before the date you select. Mrs. Gosdin will email you back if the date is approved or if it is already filled.
Don’t forget to include the names of the students that attend Reed and their homeroom teachers’ name.
We hope to have Watch D.O.G.S. at Reed every available day for the remainder of the school year! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kyle Felker via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 972-838-3963.