Welcome to Allen High School
972-727-0400300 Rivercrest BoulevardAllen, Texas 75002
Located 25 miles north of Dallas in Collin County, Allen High School is a 6A TEA Recognized public, co-educational secondary school in Allen, Texas. We serve students in 9th through 12th grades with an enrollment exceeding 6,000 students.
History of Allen High School
The first school, built in 1910 at the corner of Belmont and Cedar, was a two story brick building housing six classrooms and an auditorium, and saw the first graduating class of eight students in 1914. The new Allen High School was established in 1959 on land donated by Mr. Harris Brown on the corner of Jupiter and Main Streets. The Allen school system integrated in 1964, being the first among the County school systems in the area to do so. The current location at the corner of Greenville and Rivercrest opened in August 1999 and has expanded to about 880,000 square feet. The current building with 219 classrooms includes a 1,500-seat performing arts center, a Career and Technology Education center, a student-run store with student-designed apparel as well as a student-run restaurant.