Allen ISD seeks to inspire, empower, and develop all staff who impact learning. Staff development focuses on adult learning that results in student learning. In planning, implementation, and evaluation of staff development, we ask:
• What do students need to know and be able to do?
• What do educators need to know and be able to do?
• What professional learning will ensure educators acquire the necessary skills and knowledge for implementation?
• How will we know the impact on student learning?
Fall 2020 Professional Learning - Information at-a-glance:
- Registration for fall professional learning sessions opens on September 1, 2020
- The fall professional learning catalog will be published on the Professional Learning hub September 1, 2020
- Fall professional learning sessions will be offered in a variety of modalities:
- Synchronous distance-learning
- Asynchronous Canvas courses
- Face-to-face sessions (limited opportunities)
- Unlike the summer, when all participants were directed to Canvas for registration in asynchronous PL sessions, we will resume the practice of self-registration in Eduphoria for the purpose of participating in professional learning.
- There are two ways users will be able to search for sessions being offered in the fall of 2020:
- Browse the PL catalog published in the Professional Learning Hub, click on the session to directed to Eduphoria for registration.
- Access Eduphoria directly to search and register for sessions.
- Information related to PL sessions (e.g. modality, links, etc.) will be specified in each Eduphoria course.