• Allen ISD Student Nutrition Decorative Header

  • Allen ISD Student Nutrition Frequently Asked Questions 

    How does the Computerized Cafeteria Account system work? 
    The system works just like a checking account. Deposits are made to the student’s individual account and purchases are deducted from the balance. 

    Each student will use their 6 digit Student ID to access their account. The student’s name and balance are displayed on the cashier’s screen and the purchases are deducted from the account balance. In middle school, freshman center and high school, students swipe their ID badge at the cashier’s station. The student’s ID picture is displayed on the cashier’s screen and a positive identification is made. Purchases are then deducted from the account balance. 

    How are deposits made to a student’s account? 
    There are two ways for parents to deposit funds into a student’s account: 
    1. The Cafeteria Manager collects deposits in the morning before school starts and during serving period in the Cafeteria. Deposits are immediately entered into the student’s account. 
    2. Credit card payments can be made online by registering on 

    There is a transaction fee charged by PAYPAMS (third party vendor) to cover the cost of maintaining the system. (Please allow 24 to 48 hours for the online payment to be posted to the student’s account.) 

    How do students know their balance? 
    Students will be notified by the cashier when their balance falls below $4.00 for Elementary and $5.00 for Secondary Schools.  Students can also check their balance by entering their Student ID or scanning their badge at any cash register station.  Balance and purchases can also be viewed on the PAYPAMS website at no charge once an account is established.

    Is charging allowed? 
    A student will be allowed a grace period of two days to continue to purchase school meals when the account balance has been exhausted.  Students are not allowed to purchase ala carte items or extra items during the grace period.  Parents are notified by School Messenger when the account balance is below zero. 


    Faculty and District employees are allowed a grace amount of $10.00.  If the balance reaches the grace amount, no purchases will be allowed until the account balance is paid in full.

    What happens to the money in my child’s account at the end of the school year or if my child transfers to another AISD school? 
    Money left in an account at the end of the school year will be available for that student’s use in the next school year at any school within the district.  If you are leaving the district, you may request a refund. 


    2019 Senior students lunch account balances at the end of the year must be at zero. 

    During enrollment you were required to make a choice for the Senior funds. 

    Option 1: Transfer the balance to a sibling or Option 2: Refund/Donate the remaining balance.  If the student’s balance is greater than $5.00, the amount will automatically be refunded.  If the balance is under $5.00 we offer the option to refund or donate to assist students in need of lunch funds.  We are unable to issue a check for less than $1.00.  Any refunds under $1.00 must be made in person before graduation, or it will be donated to assist students in need of lunch funds.

    Why are snack items offered at lunch? 
    In the past, we surveyed parents concerning snacks and the majority of parents wanted snacks offered to students. Parents can set limits for their child’s purchases by completing the Student Account Restriction Form (https://www.allenisd.org/Page/20401) located on the Student Nutrition website, and submitting it to the Cafeteria Manager or the Student Nutrition Office. 

    Where can I find information concerning school parties? 
    Please refer to the new Texas Department of Agriculture policies and information at www.squaremeals.org

    How can I find out what my child is eating at school? 
    There are two ways to obtain this information: 

    1. Register at paypams.com. Information is not retroactive.  Lunch activity will be posted starting from the day the student's account is linked with the parent account.  Please note, there is no requirement to use the online payment feature to register and view cafeteria purchases.
      2. Request a print-out from your Cafeteria Manager. 

      What is the Allen ISD Student Nutrition Dept. doing to provide nutritious meals to students? 
    2. All meals are subject to nutritional analysis and must meet weekly criteria to be eligible to serve to students under the School Breakfast Program and National School Lunch Program. Such analysis includes calories, saturated fat and sodium assessment, as well as daily and weekly criteria for fruits, vegetables, grains, meat/meat alternatives and milk.
    3. Vegetables are prepared without the addition of fat and/or sodium.
    4. Fruits served are fresh or canned in 100% natural fruit juice. 
    5. At elementary & middle school campuses, all breaded and starchy items are always baked rather than fried.  In addition, all grain items served are whole-grain rich.
    6. To promote increased fruit and vegetable consumption among our students, multiple offerings are available for self-service.
    7. Low-fat 1% white milk, along with skim flavored milk is offered at all schools. At our secondary campuses, milk is available in new plastic bottles. 
    8. Many items the department purchases come from recognizable brand names, such as those you would see in the grocery store. These entrees are available for purchase daily and specifically formulated to meet the healthy guidelines established for the school lunch program. This is also true of our snack offerings.
    9. The Student Nutrition Department participates in the Texas DOD Produce Program which brings fresh produce to schools on a weekly basis!

    Where can I find nutritional information on specific lunch menu items? 

    Nutrition and allergen information is located for lunch menu items on this website.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: program.intake@usda.gov.  This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
De conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos Civiles y los reglamentos y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de los EE. UU. (USDA, por sus siglas en inglés), se prohíbe que el USDA, sus agencias, oficinas, empleados e instituciones que participan o administran programas del USDA discriminen sobre la base de raza, color, nacionalidad, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o en represalia o venganza por actividades previas de derechos civiles en algún programa o actividad realizados o financiados por el USDA. Las personas con discapacidades que necesiten medios alternativos para la comunicación de la información del programa (por ejemplo, sistema Braille, letras grandes, cintas de audio, lenguaje de señas americano, etc.), deben ponerse en contacto con la agencia (estatal o local) en la que solicitaron los beneficios. Las personas sordas, con dificultades de audición o discapacidades del habla pueden comunicarse con el USDA por medio del Federal Relay Service [Servicio Federal de Retransmisión] al (800) 877-8339. Además, la información del programa se puede proporcionar en otros idiomas. Para presentar una denuncia de discriminación, complete el Formulario de Denuncia de Discriminación del Programa del USDA, (AD-3027) que está disponible en línea en: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html y en cualquier oficina del USDA, o bien escriba una carta dirigida al USDA e incluya en la carta toda la información solicitada en el formulario. Para solicitar una copia del formulario de denuncia, llame al (866) 632-9992. Haga llegar su formulario lleno o carta al USDA por: (1) correo: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; o (3) correo electrónico: program.intake@usda.gov. Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.