Bid Process - Submission & RequirementsCompetitive Bid Law
The Allen Independent School District, as well as all other school districts in the State of Texas, is governed by the state competitive bid law. Therefore, the majority of our purchasing is done via competitive bids. The purpose and intent for the competitive bidding process is to help public schools obtain the best products at the lowest practical prices in the best interest of the taxpayers by stimulating competition. Allen ISD is committed to fair and equal competition among all vendors. In addition, the state competitive bid law does not allow favoritism to be shown to any vendor.
We request that all prospective vendors register on our e-bid site so that they may be notified of upcoming bids and may submit bids in their respective fields. When a need exists for your product or service; your company will automatically receive an e-mail advising that a bid is now available in your area of interest. The Allen Independent School District encourages participation by all vendors and does not discriminate against any vendor because of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender or handicapping condition.
It will be the sole responsibility of each vendor/supplier to maintain, and keep current, their company's information on our e-bidding website. In the event of a contact person name change, address, phone, etc., it will be necessary for the vendor/supplier to edit their company information on the e-bid site. Passwords can be reset by the Allen ISD Purchasing Department at (972-727-7114). It is understood that all bid notifications will be sent to the e-mail address supplied by the vendor; therefore, in the event of an e-mail address change or ISP change, it is imperative that the vendor information be kept current. Otherwise, bid notifications will never be received by vendor and the opportunity for bid submittal will be lost.
The Allen Independent School District is tax exempt on the basis that it is a governmental entity -- school district. A tax exemption certificate can be sent upon request.
How to Submit Official Competitive Bids
Each invitation to bid will be posted on our e-bidding site and vendors/suppliers can submit their bids online by completing a series of screens. All invitations to bid that are posted on our e-bidding site, contain the following:
- Date, time and place bid is to be opened. It is absolutely mandatory that all bids be delivered in accordance with those instructions. Bids that are received late are not accepted.
- General requirements and conditions.
- Detailed specifications. Many times, brand names and model numbers are utilized in the bid specifications as a way of communicating minimal requirements of the district. This in no way prevents a company from bidding alternates, if specified in bid specs; however, all deviations must be stated in the bid document or the bidder will be required to supply the item completely as specified. All alternates must meet or exceed the specifications in order to be considered.
- Pre-bid meetings. For many bids, pre-bid meetings are a part of the process. This information is included in the bid spec. These meetings are an opportunity for bidders and Allen ISD staff to meet, discuss the bid specifications and ask all questions that are necessary to enable the bidders to prepare their bid response.
All questions pertaining to bid specs must be presented in writing to the Purchasing Department to insure that proper information is included in your bid response and also to insure that all vendors receive the same information. Purchasing is not responsible for information that is provided by other departments.
By state law, notice of the time, when and place where bids will be opened are published in a newspaper in accordance with state bid law requirements. Allen ISD has chosen Star Local Media/Allen American as their primary newspaper publication. Any company or individual, who sees our advertisements and is interested in reviewing the bid specs for possible bid submittal, may log into our e-bidding site to review the same.Bid Opening Procedures
All bids are opened promptly on the date and at the time stated in the bid specs. All interested vendors are invited to attend. All bid openings are public and bids are read aloud and a tabulation of all bids is made at this time. Bid tabulations are made available on the Purchasing website. Once bids are opened, no changes can be made. If a vendor realizes a mistake has been made, they are afforded two options:
- Honor their bid as written; or
- Withdraw their bid on the item(s) in question or the entire bid.
It is the intent of the school district and the Allen ISD Purchasing Department to obtain the best quality materials at the lowest prices possible. Per Section 44.039 (g) of the Education Code, "In determining best value for the District, the District is not restricted to considering price alone, but may consider any other factor stated in the selection criteria."
Bid Award Notification
The Allen ISD Purchasing Department will issue all official bid award notifications. Award notifications from any other department or staff member of the district may be incorrect information.
Invoices & Payment Terms
By law the school district has 30 days after receipt of an invoice to present payment. It is the intent of the school district to pay all invoices as promptly as possible; however, by acceptance of an Allen ISD purchase order you have agreed to the 30 day payment policy. All invoices are submitted to the Allen ISD Accounts Payable Department.Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
Allen ISD reserves the right to cancel all or any part of this order if not shipped as required or as instructed. All materials and services shall be subject to the District’s approval. Unsatisfactory materials will be returned at seller’s expense. No substitution will be accepted without purchasing department approval. No charge will be allowed for packing, crating, palletizing or boxing.
- No change(s) shall be made to this order without written authorization of the purchasing department.
- Materials must be properly packaged and marked with the purchase order number. Damaged materials will not be accepted.
- Inspection of delivery will be made at the delivery point unless otherwise specified.
- An Allen ISD Purchase Order must be required by vendor before order fulfillment takes place. Purchase Order Number must be clearly identified upon each invoice. Invoices that do not indicate our PO number will be returned to the vendor.
- Submit all invoices for payment in duplicate. Invoices for partial deliveries must be so indicated.
- Allen ISD is exempt from sales tax. Invoices shall not include sales tax.
- All prices must be F.O.B. delivery point. Where specific purchase is negotiated F.O.B. shipping point, the vendor is to prepay shipping charges and add to invoice.
- All containers or reels are to remain property of Allen ISD unless otherwise indicated.
- The purchasing department may grant additional time for delivery when Allen ISD is at fault or is satisfied the delay is beyond the control of the vendor. Such grant must be in writing and made part of the order.
- Rejected material will be returned to the vendor at the vendor's risk and expense.
- Quantities specified in the order are not to be exceeded. Any overages or duplicate orders will be returned to vendor at vendor's risk and expense.
- Goods delivered shall comply with Federal, State and local laws relative thereto. The vendor shall defend actions or claims brought and save harmless the District from loss, cost or damage by reason of actual or alleged patent infringement and/or copyright infringement.
- Effective 1/1/2006; Chapter 176 of the Texas Local Government Code requires that any potential vendor or person considering doing business with Allen ISD disclose the vendor or person's affiliation or business relationship that might cause a conflict of interest with the District by filing the questionnaire form CIQ. By law, the questionnaire must be filed not later than the 7th business day after the date the person becomes aware of the facts that require the statement to be filed. Acceptance of the PO represents compliance with the requirements of Chapter 176.
- In case of default of the contractor, the District may procure the articles or services from other sources and charge the contractor as liquidated damages any excess cost or damages occasioned thereby.
- Vendor shall not see, assign, transfer or convey this order, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of the District.
- Terms: Net thirty (30) days unless otherwise agreed upon by seller ad the purchasing department. Allen ISD does not pay late fees or interest.
Bonding and Insurance Requirements for Contracted Services
All vendors submitting proposals for contracted service work shall comply with the following requirements. Vendors submitting proposals which do not comply with these requirements shall not be considered.
Comprehensive General Liability:
$500,000 each occurrence/$1,000,000 aggregate
$500,000 each occurrence/$1,000,000 aggregate (Must include Product’s Liability coverage)
Comprehensive Automobile Liability:
$300,000 each person/$500,000 each occurrence
$300,000 each occurrence
Bonding Requirements if Construction is Involved
Bids shall be accompanied by a cashier's check or certified check upon a state bank in the amount not less than five per cent (5%) of the total maximum bid price payable without recourse to the Allen ISD or a bid bond in the same amount from a reliable surety company licensed to do business in the State of Texas as a guarantee that the bidder will enter into a contract and execute a payment and performance bond on any or all projects $25,000 or above within fifteen (15) days after notice of award of the contract.