•  Allen ISD Student Nutrition Frequently Asked Questions 

    How does the Computerized Cafeteria Account system work? 
    The system works just like a checking account. Deposits are made to the student’s individual account and purchases are deducted from the balance. 

    Each student will use their 6 digit Student ID to access their account. The student’s name and balance are displayed on the cashier’s screen and the purchases are deducted from the account balance. In middle school, freshman center and high school, students scan their ID badge at the cashier’s station. At the elementary, students may scan their ID badge or key in their number on the corresponding pad. The student’s ID picture is displayed on the cashier’s screen and a positive identification is made. Purchases are then deducted from the account balance. 

    How are Deposits Made to a Student’s Account? 

    The Cafeteria Manager collects cash & check deposits in the morning before school starts and during the day including meal periods. Deposits are immediately entered into the student’s account.

    Online credit card payments can be made by registering on paypams.com. There is a $1.95 transaction fee (required by a third party vendor) for each online deposit. (Please allow 24-48 hours for the online payment to be posted to the student’s account).

    Parents will only need the student’s date of birth in order to register on PayPAMS. Please call the Student Nutrition Office at (972) 727-0545 for assistance.

    How Do Students Know Their Balance?

    Students may ask the cashier during their purchase as well as the cashier will notify students when their balance falls below $5.00 at the end of the transaction. Students can also check their balance by entering their Student ID or scanning their badge at any cash register station. Balance and purchases can also be viewed on the PAYPAMS website at no charge once an account is established.

    Is Charging Allowed? 
    Students use a prepaid lunch account to purchase his or her school meals.  Students will be allowed a grace period of two days to continue to purchase school meals only when the account balance has been exhausted.  The District will allow the student's account to accumulate a negative balance with no fees or interest applied to the account.  After the student reaches the maximum charge limit, the student may receive an alternate meal.

    Students with a negative balance will not be allowed to purchase a la carte, snacks or extra items during the grace period. They will only be allowed to purchase what constitutes as a meal.  When the grace period has ended, the student will need to eat breakfast before coming to school and bring a lunch from home until the account has funds.

    A School Messenger (voicemail and written email) notice goes out as soon as the account is below zero and continues every evening as long as there is a negative balance in the account.

    Parents are strongly encouraged to continually monitor their child’s meal account balance.

    Faculty and District employees are allowed a grace amount of $10.00.  If the balance reaches the grace amount, no purchases will be allowed until the account balance is paid in full.

    What Happens to the Money in my Child’s Account at the End of the School Year or if my Child Transfers to Another Allen ISD school? 
    Money left in an account at the end of the school year will be available for that student’s use in the next school year at any school within Allen ISD.  If you are leaving the district, you may request a refund.  The Account Refund Form can be found on the website or call Student Nutrition office at (972) 727-0545.

    Graduating class of 2021-2022 Senior students lunch account balances at the end of the year must be at zero.  During enrollment, you were required to make a choice for any remaining Senior funds. 

    Option 1:  Transfer the balance to a sibling.  The remaining balance will be transferred to a sibling in the district. If this option is selected, but the sibling is no longer in the district at the end of the school year, the remaining balance will be dispersed as in Option 2.

    Option 2:  Refund / Donate the remaining Balance.  If the student's balance is greater than $10.00 the amount will automatically be refunded. Refund checks will be mailed to the address on file, please make sure the address with the district is correct.

    Any remaining funds under $10.00 must be done in person from the Cafeteria Manager by May 20, 2021. We are unable to issue a check for under $10, therefore, any remaining funds collected by this date will be considered an agreement to donate to assist students in need.

    Why are snack items offered at lunch? 
    In the past, we surveyed parents concerning snacks and the majority of parents wanted snacks offered to students. Parents can set limits for
    their child’s purchases by completing the Student Account Restriction Form (http://www.allenisd.org/Domain/37) located on the Student Nutrition website, and submitting by fax 214-383-7498, email to studentnutrition.services@allenisd.org, handed to the Cafeteria Manager, or sent to the Student Nutrition office, 1451 N. Watters Rd, Allen, TX 75013

    Where can I find information concerning school parties? 
    Please refer to the new Texas Department of Agriculture policies and information at 

    How can I find out what my child is eating at school? 
    There are two ways to obtain this information: 

    1. Register at com. Information is not retroactive.  Lunch activity will be posted starting from the day the student's account is linked with the parent account.  Please note, there is no charge for creating and viewing your student’s cafeteria purchases. PayPAMS charges $1.95 fee for any payment
    2. Request a printout from your Cafeteria Manager. 

    What is the Allen ISD Student Nutrition Dept. doing to provide nutritious meals to students? 

    At Allen Independent School District, our goal is to promote sound nutrition by offering students a variety of choices, including whole grains, lean meats, vegetarian options, low fat milk, fresh fruits and vegetables. All entrees, side items and snacks served under the School Breakfast Program and the National School Lunch Program, Kindergarten through 8th grade, meet the criteria established by the USDA for calories, fat and sodium.

    In an ever-changing school environment, we continuously strive to establish a standard of excellence in our cafes and develop menu items that our students enjoy, as well as adapt to change and new food trends--listening to the feedback of our peers and students in the process.

    Feeding students is our number one priority and we would love you to dine with us!

    Where can I find nutritional information on specific lunch menu items? 

    Nutrition and allergen information is located for lunch menu items on this website.



    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: program.intake@usda.gov. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

    De conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos Civiles y los reglamentos y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de los EE. UU. (USDA, por sus siglas en inglés), se prohíbe que el USDA, sus agencias, oficinas, empleados e instituciones que participan o administran programas del USDA discriminen sobre la base de raza, color, nacionalidad, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o en represalia o venganza por actividades previas de derechos civiles en algún programa o actividad realizados o financiados por el USDA. Las personas con discapacidades que necesiten medios alternativos para la comunicación de la información del programa (por ejemplo, sistema Braille, letras grandes, cintas de audio, lenguaje de señas americano, etc.), deben ponerse en contacto con la agencia (estatal o local) en la que solicitaron los beneficios. Las personas sordas, con dificultades de audición o discapacidades del habla pueden comunicarse con el USDA por medio del Federal Relay Service [Servicio Federal de Retransmisión] al (800) 877-8339. Además, la información del programa se puede proporcionar en otros idiomas. Para presentar una denuncia de discriminación, complete el Formulario de Denuncia de Discriminación del Programa del USDA, (AD-3027) que está disponible en línea en: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html y en cualquier oficina del USDA, o bien escriba una carta dirigida al USDA e incluya en la carta toda la información solicitada en el formulario. Para solicitar una copia del formulario de denuncia, llame al (866) 632-9992. Haga llegar su formulario lleno o carta al USDA por: (1) correo: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; o (3) correo electrónico: program.intake@usda.gov. Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.