Check Out PoliciesKindergarten Students: 1 book for 1 week
First Grade Students: 1 book for 1 week
Second through Third Grade Students: 2 books for 2 weeksFourth through Sixth Grade Students: 3 books for 2 weeks
- We encourage students to return books when they are finished, even if it is before the book's due date!
- Students may renew books at the library if they are not finished by the book's due date. Just bring the book to the library and ask Mrs. MacGee for help.
- Students may visit the library individually to check in and check out books with teacher permission.
- It is the sole responsibility of the student to ensure his or her books are returned on time.
Allen ISD Elementary Library Fine Policy
- Students will not be allowed to check out any books until all overdue books are returned.
Lost and Damaged Books
- If a student loses or damages a library book, the student is responsible for paying for that book.
- We are happy to work with families who may be unable to pay for replacement books.
- If a lost book that was paid for is found, please return the book to the library and a refund will be issued if the book is in good condition.
- Refunds will gladly be issued during the same school year that the book was lost. However, we will be unable to refund lost book monies after the last day of the school year that the book was lost.