Allen ISD Gifted & Talented STEAM Guidelines
1. Students gain new skills and a deeper knowledge of integrated science, math, and art collectively applied to a real problem.
2. The engineering design process is the driver for finding solutions in the identified problem.
3. Engaging, inquiry- based instructional approaches are used and research is incorporated.
4. Students work in teams to find solutions, and multiple right solutions are possible.
5. Technology is used or created. (Remember the definition of technology- anything produced by humans in response to a need or want.)