Currently Second Grade Is Working On...
- Reading - Students will make inferences and collect knowledge about characters in series books.
- Word Work - Students will read, write, and sort words with the blends scr, str, spr, thr, shr, squ, and spl
- Writing - Students will look through things with a poet's eyes so they can write about the world
- Social Studies - Students will discuss the life and achievements of Benjamin Franklin, The Wright Brothers, and Bessie Coleman.
- Math - Students will count a group of coins and write their value using the cent symbol, dollar sign, and decimal point and compare groups of coins.
- Science - Students will understand that environmental factors can affect the growth of behavior of living things.