Student Transfer Request Guidelines and Procedures
Out-of-District Transfer Requests:
Allen ISD does not accept out-of-district transfers except under the following circumstance:
- Transfer requests for children of Allen ISD employees living outside the district will be considered. The student must be in good standing with their current school district in regards to attendance and discipline. If you are a permanent, full-time employee and would like to request an out-of-district transfer, please email Vickie Anders at email@example.com
In-District Transfer Requests:
Transfer requests are no longer being accepted for the 2020 - 2021 school year. If you have moved, please contact your current campus registrar. The registrar will request new proof of residency to change your address in the Skyward system and will provide direction in your student remaining at your current campus or moving to your new home zoned campus. Thank you.
Any incomplete transfer requests will be returned to the sender with no action taken. A photocopy of two acceptable “Proof of Residency” documents (utility bill and contract or lease agreement on the house/apartment) must accompany each request. Any request received after the May 29, 2020 deadline will be returned, with no action taken.
When reviewing requests for student transfers, Allen ISD will consider requests on an individual basis; however, the guidelines below are in place to ensure consistency in our process.
Approval for one year does not guarantee nor imply the approval of future transfers to the same campus or to the feeder campus.Priority Guidelines:
- Allen ISD has the sole discretion to determine whether space exists at the requested transfer campus.
- Requests for an intra-district transfer during the semester will be denied based on the potential disruption of the educational program at both the assigned and requested campuses.
- Sibling Transfers: Sibling status will not guarantee transfer approval. Siblings must meet the criteria for transfer eligibility to be considered.
General Clarifications for an Approved Transfer:
- Parents agree to provide transportation for their students to and from school.
- Student transfers may be denied and or revoked due to poor attendance, excessive tardies, failure to pick up students at dismissal time, lack of parental cooperation, and/or behavioral
- Please note that if false or misleading information is provided, the original transfer request will be subject to revocation and the student will be placed back to their neighborhood school.
All questions regarding transfers should be directed to your campus registrar or firstname.lastname@example.org.