- Senior Failures
· Contact any SENIOR student/parent that might be in danger of not graduating
- Adjust schedules for credit recovery
- Send out Senior certified failure letters @ end of 3rd Quarter
- College Recommendation Letters & Secondary School Reports and Mid-Year reports.
· Contact students, write Secondary School Reports, NACAC reports, and Letters of recommendations, update Naviance information in collaboration with College and Career Specialists, and submit reports to each college for each student. January and February deadlines.
· Submit Mid-Term Secondary School Reports for students that request this from House Counselor.
- Course Selection/Clean-up
- Continue meeting with students and parents addressing course selection for upcoming.
- Meet with students individually to verify course requests.
- Transcript Evaluations
- Review all transfer students’ transcripts, includes research of the previous school’s curriculum, verify alignment to Texas TEKS and submit for revision.
- STAAR/EOC Testing
- Administer / monitor state testing / retest
ONGOING DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (not in any particular order):
- Be The One Activities / Presentation
- Review HB5 requirements and changes
- Classroom Guidance
- Monthly CBE Testing (Saturdays)
- Conference with Dillard discipline students
- Organize / Attend SIT meetings
- Attend 504 meetings
- Conference / counsel with parents / students / teachers
- Check 9-week failures and place students in credit recovery as needed
- Attend monthly district counselor meetings
- Attend weekly campus counselor meetings
- Attend House meetings weekly
- Monitor student progress in classes; check for failures, etc.
- Serve on designated committees
- Communicate with House Principals regularly regarding student progress
i.e. attendance, discipline, academics, & any other concerns that arise
· Meet with student failures to develop an academic improvement plan to promote future success; evaluate data results every 6-weeks
- Support College & Career Center
- Work in collaboration with parents / students to establish goals for future success
- Fill out early grad forms & establish plan with student/parent
- Enroll new students / update graduation plans
- Write letters of recommendations / fill out college applications
- Attend conferences / workshops / college updates
- Fill out Eagle Academy / Dillard paperwork for SIT meetings