Lindsey Lone Star
Run Club 2019-2020
What: Come join the fun as we kick off our seventh year in Run Club.
Walk, jog, or run your way to being fit for life.
Who: Students 1st grade through 6th grade
When: Tuesday mornings: 7:25-7:42 am
Mark your Calendar of Days we meet!!! Please note that we do NOT meet every Tuesday due to the testing calendar, holidays, or bad weather/rainy days.
September 17, 24
October 1, 8, 22, 29
November 5, 12, 19
December 3, 10, 17
January and February NO Run Club
March 3, 17, 24, 31
April 7, 14, 21
Where: We have a ¼ mile track marked on the school field. Runners/walkers collect marks on a 3x5 card for each lap completed and tally them up at the end of the session.
- Students will report to the black top/field anytime between 7:30am - 7:50am.
- Students will put their backpacks along the outside of the building and begin their run/walk.
- At 7:50 ALL students will STOP, get their backpacks, turn in their cards, and walk into the building.
Student Drop-Off: Students will be dropped off AS USUAL and then report to the black top/field.
Parent Involvement: Parents of all 1st – 6th graders can, and are encouraged to come out and join in as well.
- Coaches and volunteers will be monitoring students at ALL times and all students will be running and/or walking in the designated area ONLY.
- If it is raining the night before the run/walk club will NOT be held the next day.
- Run/Walk Club will be on Tuesday mornings only.
- Parents must sign Run/Walk Club Consent Form and student must give it to the coaches before receiving their first “mileage card”.
- We look forward to seeing all of our students and let us see how many miles our school can run/walk. Questions, contact Coach Beaney 972-908-4000
Parent Consent for Run/Walk Club
Student Name: _____________________________
Grade: ________ Teacher: _____________________________
Parent Name: _____________________________ Signature: ___________________________