Fun Ways to Practice Spelling
1. Practice sample words three times each.
2. Think of ten other words with the same spelling pattern.
3. Create flashcards with sample words, or other words with the same spelling pattern.
4. Write words on graph paper to notice the way the letters look, both tall and short.
5. Find as many of the words as possible in a magazine or book.
6. Practice using the words in sentences.
7. Sort the words into categories.
8. Say, spell, write, cover and spell aloud.
10. Practice writing the words in a fun way with bubble or bold letters.
11. Three Bears Spelling- say and spell the words aloud in a tiny voice, normal voice, and big voice.
12. Type the words on the computer along with other words with the same spelling pattern.
13. Have a family spelling bee with words with the same spelling pattern.
14. Write words in colored ink.
15. Write or say aloud riddles and have someone guess the word.