What is AIM?
• We believe the gifted have unique educational needs that demand the nurture and advocacy of a special academic program.
• We believe that children's current educational needs as well as their potential growth should guide our practice.
• We believe that balanced programs for gifted students provide for both cognitive and affective development.
• We believe it is essential for gifted students to interact with their intellectual peers, as well as all student peers.
• We believe that effective gifted programs prepare students to become self-directed, life-long learners.
To implement a program that meets the unique social, emotional and intellectual needs of gifted and talented students through the collaboration of students, educators, parents and community members to ensure opportunities for maximum growth and development for life-long success.
"Activating Inquisitive Minds" is a pullout program that serves the needs of gifted students in Allen Independent School District. The AIM program allows gifted students the opportunity to work weekly with peers of similar abilities.
The AIM curriculum challenges students to develop and apply their talents through a variety of integrated, multidisciplinary learning activities and projects. AIM classroom activities focus on logic, problem solving, higher order thinking skills, critical and creative thinking.