5th Grade Website!
Grade/Subject: 5th Grade Science
Welcome wonderful fifth graders! I am so thrilled to be teaching you Science and Social Studies this year. You will find in my class that learning is fun, and hard work is worth it! Together we will explore the possibilities in Science through hands on labs, lessons, and enjoyable activities and games. Through project based learning we will explore the historical world of our nation in Social Studies.
Some things about our classroom:
My Principles as an Educator:
- Students deserve a safe and respectful environment.
- Students are central in my class & deserve engaging and high quality learning opportunities.
- Students should be encouraged to exhibit: curiosity, kindness/compassion, respect, integrity, work
- ethic, their very best, and a desire to learn.
- I have high expectations of my students & they rise to these!
- Students have differing gifts and challenges and it is my job as an educator to meet these diverse needs.
- Students best interests are served when I work in collaboration with parents.
My greatest hope for each student:
That they love being at school because they:
- find the ‘process’ of learning enjoyable,
- possess or develop curiosity and want to learn more and more each day,
- find confidence and success as a result of their hard work!