INSTALLING CITRIX WEBCLIENT FOR INTERNET EXPLORER AT HOME FOR WINDOWS PCS
WARNING: UNAUTHORIZED OR INAPPROPRIATE USE OF ALLEN ISD NETWORK RESOURCES IS PROHIBITED AND MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF COMPUTER PRIVLEDGES, DISMISSAL, EXPULSION, CRIMINAL PROSECUTION, OR OTHER CONSEQUENCES.
ACCESSING THE WEBSITE
Please close all applications and confirm the account you are using on your home PC has administrator access to the PC before installing the Citrix Web Client for Internet Explorer.
Student can access their network files and use select applications by logging on to the website HTTP://SR.ALLENISD.ORG. (Web addresses are not case sensitive, but upper case is used in this document for readability).
INSTALLING THE CITRIX WEB CLIENT FOR INTERNET EXPLORER ON A PC AT HOME WITH WINDOWS
If you have created a shortcut to the webpage, it may not work correctly in some cases. Try typing the appropriate url instead of using the shortcut if you cannot access the website.
1. Start Internet Explorer
2. Enter SR.ALLENISD.ORG in the URL address bar, then press Enter on your keyboard or click the “Go To” icon next to the URL address field.
3. Once you are at the logon page, you will see this screen:
THE SCREEN APPEARS THE SAME FOR STUDENTS AND TEACHERS.
4. If you have the SR Citrix Web Client installed, you can enter your network Username and Password in the appropriate fields, then click the “Log On” button. The password is case sensitive; the username is not.
5. If you do not have the SR Citrix Web Client installed, you will see a screen launch.ica in an unknown file type. If that is the case, click the CANCEL button and follow the steps below to install the client.
6. If you do not have the SR Citrix Web Client installed, click the link to install the client from the main SR web page (HTTP://SR.ALLENISD.ORG) and click the RUN button.
7. Click the “OK” button when the message appears indicating the Web Client for Internet Explorer installation is complete.
8. Restart your PC.
9. Restart your browser application, and return to the SR.ALLENISD.ORG web page.
10. Enter your network user name and password in the login box, and click “log in.”
11. You should see a screen with a list of applications available to you. For most people, there will be a single icon on the workspace that says “SR Desktop” for students. Click the SR Desktop icon to start the program.
This section contains tips on resolving issues with the Citrix Web Client for Internet Explorer.
Reload the Citrix Web Client Internet Explorer If It Has Stopped Working
1. Reinstall the Software:
a. Go to Control Panel, select Add | Remove programs, and uninstall the Citrix ICA Web Client for Internet Explorer.
b. Look on the C: drive under Program Files for a folder labeled Citrix. Delete that folder. Empty the trash can, and restart your computer.
2. Install Updates: Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools, Update Windows. Microsoft will suggest some updates for your computer. Select all of them, especially the security updates. Depending on the updates, you may have to restart your computer again.
3. Clean Up Computer Files:
a. Double click My Computer, right click on C: drive, select Properties, then click the button labeled “Disk Cleanup.” Windows will find temporary files, and other unnecessary files, to delete. Remove them all.
b. Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools, Internet Options, and select the General tab. Under Temporary Internet Files, click on “Delete Cookies” and “Delete Files.” Under History, click on Clear History.
4. RETRY: Open Internet Explorer, and go back to SR.ALLENISD.ORG and reinstall the Citrix Web Client for Internet Explorer.
Last Modified on August 31, 2012
PLEASE CONTINUE READING FOR MORE TIPS
1. Download and install all the newest Microsoft Critical updates from windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
2. Install the new root certificate update from Microsoft, which can be found at windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
3. Clear out all temp folders.
4. Clear out the Internet Explorer cache.
5. Make SR.ALLENISD.ORG a trusted site in Internet Explorer.
6. Follow all installation instructions carefully.
7. In Internet Explorer, verify that "do not save encrypted pages to disk" is unchecked in Internet Options | Advanced.
8. Open Internet Explorer then from the menu bar, navigate to Tools | Internet Options | Connections | LAN Settings and UNCHECK both “Automatically Detect Settings” and “Use Automatic Configuration Script.”
9. If you are launching SR from a shortcut at home, delete the shortcut, open Internet Explorer and type SR.ALLENISD.ORG for the URL path.
10. When you type SR.ALLENISD.ORG, additional information is automatically appended to the end of the URL when you go to the website so that it looks something like http://SR.ALLENISD.ORG/Citrix/MetaFrame/default/default.aspx. If you see default.htm at the end instead of default.aspx, try deleting the “.htm.” If that doesn’t work, try replacing .htm with .aspx
11. When all else fails, contact your Campus Technician if you have problems or questions.