What Is Bullying?
Hurting someone’s body OR feelings,
over and over again,
to have more POWER.
4 Main Types of Bullying include:
1. Physical (hitting, tripping, kicking, pushing, damaging belongings, etc.)
2. Verbal (name-calling, insulting someone, etc.)
3. Emotional (spreading rumors, excluding someone, etc.)
4. Cyber (bullying done via electronic devices, phone, computer, etc.)
The goal of Allen ISD's Anti-Bullying Initiative is to ensure the safety of every student. Should you have concerns or questions, always feel free to contact our principals. Bullying will be investigated!
Effects of Bullying:
Students who are bullied are more likely to miss school and experience the following:
- Depression and worry
- Sadness and loneliness
- Changes in eating and sleeping patterns
- Headaches, stomach aches
- Drop in grades
What Can I Do if I Am Bullied?
- Tell the person who is bullying you that you don't like it. ("Stop it. I don't like when you ____________.")
- Go to a safe place. Stay around other people.
- Don't tease or hit back. Look strong and walk away.
- Go to an adult you trust. Tell him or her the truth about what is happening.
- Fill out an INCIDENT REPORT and turn in to homeroom teacher or principal. (These are posted in your classroom or ask for one in the office.)
No Bullying Allowed!
- We want Chandler to be a BULLY-FREE ZONE!
- Bullying & Harassment will not be tolerated.
- There are serious consequences.
- Make good choices! Treat everyone kindly!