Third Grade FAQ’s
- Students are highly encouraged to spend time reading each night.
- Homework, for the most part, is an opportunity to complete classwork.
- Homework will increase in the spring as we get closer to preparing for the STAAR test.
- Living Library
- Recycle Sale
- Four Field Trips (to be determined)
- 30 minutes of unstructured play
- “Extra” Recess will be an option this year the last 10 minutes of lunch. If children are through with their lunch they have the option to go outside OR they can remain in the cafeteria.
- Benchmark Tests
- Math, Reading and Science-November 5th-9th
- Simulation Tests
- Math-February 19th
- Reading-February 20th
- STAAR Testing
- Math-May 13th
- Reading-May 14th
It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that your child is present on these dates!! Please plan your trips accordingly.
- 30 min (Monday-Thursday)
- Intervention and Enrichment Time
- Multiple Teachers
- Students move from group to group
- Student services such as Speech, OT, DT, ESL and Resource
- Agendas will be written in daily for communication to family and accountability and need to be checked each night.
- Newsletters will be sent out via email.
- The date set aside (by the district) for parent conferences is October 22
- We will be sending out a link to sign up for conferences through Sign Up Genius in the coming weeks.