2021 - 2022 Dual Credit Information
For Students Entering Grades 11 and 12
For More Information about Dual Credit, please see the:
All students new to dual credit must complete the Mandatory Dual Credit Canvas Course that will open Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
To access the Dual Credit Mandatory Canvas Course, see the 1st step in the dual credit instructions listed below.
- To receive credit for the course, the student must complete all parts of the course and pass the quiz at the end of the course. Please allot one hour of time.
- You will be able to start your dual credit process after completing the course and passing the quiz.
Fall 2021 Dual Credit sign-up is open Wednesday, January 13, 2021 - Friday, March 26, 2021.
Dual Credit Collin Technical Campus - CTC Programs
If a student is interested in a CTC DC Program, they need to complete the DC Registration Process listed above by Friday, March 5, 2021.
- CTC DC Programs are listed in the AHS Academic Planning Guide under the Dual Credit Section.
- Program courses are a 2-3 hour time block in the student's schedule.
Concurrent Credit Only (College Credit Only)
- Students that want to take a course for concurrent credit only (college credit only) follow the same steps as dual credit students. The same deadlines apply as well.
Deadline to complete the Dual Credit Student Instructions: Friday, March 26, 2021
- If a student doesn't complete the instructions by Friday, March 26, 2021 at 4:00pm, they will not be able to take dual credit classes during the 2021-2022 school year.
Course Registration and Payment Deadline: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 4:00PM
Sign Up for Text Reminders for 2021-2022 School Year:
All students who will take dual credit courses during the 2021-2022 school year and their parents are encouraged to sign up for text reminders.
Text: @ahs22dc to 81010 to be added to the AHS Dual Credit Remind list for the 2021-2022 school year. This is for all Dual Credit students and their parents who wish to receive dual credit reminders. Messages will be sent from the Dual Credit Advisors in the College and Career Center. Standard text rates will apply. If you are a Verizon customer, you will also need to download the app to receive text reminders.