2020 - 2021 Dual Credit Information
For Students Entering Grades 11 and 12
The Deadline to Register and Pay for Dual Credit Classes for Fall 2020 and/or Summer 2020 is Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 4:00 PM.
All students new to dual credit must attend the Mandatory Dual Credit meeting January 8 or January 9, 2020.
If you are new to dual credit and did not attend the meeting, please log in to Canvas to access the Dual Credit Mandatory Meeting Canvas Module.
A link to the Canvas Module will become available on this website January 15, 2020.
- Log in to Canvas
- Access the Student Life Canvas Course
- Access the Dual Credit Mandatory Meeting Canvas Module
- To receive credit for the meeting, the student must complete all parts of the module and pass the quiz at the end of the module. Please allot one hour of time.
- You will be able to start your dual credit process after completing the module and passing the module quiz.
Fall 2020 Registration is open Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - Tuesday, May 5, 2020.
- Dual/Concurrent Credit Permission Form (You will be directed to this form in Step 10.)
- Dual/Concurrent Credit Permission Form (You will be directed to this form in Step 7.)
Dual Credit Collin Technical Campus - NEW CTC Programs
If a student is interested in any of the new CTC DC Programs, please see the CTC DC Program Instructions.
- A link to the CTC DC Programs is listed at the top of these instructions.
- The deadline to completed the steps for the CTC DC Programs is April 3, 2020.
Concurrent Credit Only (College Credit Only)
- Students that want to take a course for concurrent credit only (college credit only) follow the same steps as dual credit students. The same deadlines apply as well.
Registration and Payment Deadline - Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 4:00PM
- Student must complete all of the steps in the dual credit process by this deadline.
Sign Up for Text Reminders for 2020-2021 School Year:
All students who will take dual credit courses during the 2020-2021 school year and their parents are encouraged to sign up for text reminders.
Text: @ahs21dc to 81010 to be added to the AHS Dual Credit Remind list for the 2020-2021 school year. This is for all Dual Credit students and their parents who wish to receive dual credit reminders. Messages will be sent from the Dual Credit Advisors in the College and Career Center. Standard text rates will apply. If you are a Verizon customer, you will also need to download the app to receive text reminders.