Texas 2x2 Reading List 2020 (for age 2 through grade 2)
2021 Texas 2x2 List
Click HERE for the annotated list with descriptions.
- Boxitects by Kim Smith.
- Every Night is Pizza Night by J. Kenji López-Alt. Illustrated by Gianna Ruggiero.
- Facts vs. Opinions vs. Robots by Michael Rex.
- Federico and the Wolf, by Rebecca Gomez. Illustrated by Elisa Chavarri.
- First Day Critter Jitters by Jory John. Illustrated by Liz Climo.
- Hike by Pete Oswald.
- I Am Every Good Thing by Derrick Barnes. Illustrated by Gordon C. James.
- Louis by Tom Lichtenheld. Illustrated by Julie Rowan-Zoch.
- Packs – Strength in Numbers by Hannah Salyer.
- A Polar Bear in the Snow by Mac Barnett. Art by Shawn Harris.
- See the Cat – Three Stories About a Dog by David LaRochelle. Illustrated by Mike Wohnoutka.
- Shapes by Shelley Rotner and Anne Woodhull. Photographs by Shelley Rotner.
- Speak Up by Miranda Paul. Illustrated by Ebony Glenn.
- The Three Billy Goats Buenos by Susan Middleton Elya. Illustrated by Miguel Ordóñez.
- Underground – Subway Systems Around the World by Uijung Kim.
- Up on Bob by Mary Sullivan.
- What About Worms!? by Ryan T. Higgins and Mo Willems.
- What Do You Do If You Work at the Zoo? by Steve Jenkins and Robin Page. Illustrated by Steve Jenkins.
- The Yawns Are Coming! by Christopher Eliopoulos.
- You Matter by Christian Robinson.
Last Modified on March 17, 2021