Welcome to the
2020-2021 Bluebonnet Books
Start your reading of the 2020-2021 nominess for the Texas Bluebonnet Award. Most of these are available in the Bolin LMC now, and the others will arrive soon. They are all available on Overdrive as ebooks and/or audiobooks. Complete the form after each book you read! Can you read them all?
- A Place to Land: Martin Luther King Jr. and the Speech that Inspired a Nation by Barry Wittenstein, illustrated by Jerry Pinkney ( Neal Porter Books / Holiday House Publishing, Inc., 2019)
- A Wolf Called Wander by Rosanne Parry (Greenwillow, an imprint of HarperCollinsP ublishing, 2019)
- Bernice Buttman, Model Citizen by Niki Lenz (Random House Publishing, 2019)
- Caterpillar Summer by Gillian McDunn (Bloomsbury Children’s Books, 2019)
- Charlie Hernandez and the League of Shadows by Ryan Calejo (Aladdin Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Books, 2018)
- Frankie Sparks & the Class Pet by Megan Frazer Blakemore, illustrated by Nadja Sarell (Aladdin, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Books, 2019)
- From an Idea to Disney: How Imagination Built a World of Magic by Lowey Bundy Sichol, illustrated by C.S. Jennings (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, 2019)
- Greystone Secrets #1: The Strangers by Margaret Petersen Haddix (Katherine Tegen Books, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishing, 2019)
- If I Built a School by Chris Van Dusen (Dial Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Penguin Young Readers Group, 2019)
- New Kid by Jerry Craft (Harper an imprint of HarperCollins Publishing, 2019)
- Nightbooks by J.A. White (Katherine Tegen Books, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishing, 2018)
- No More Poems! A Book in Verse That Just Gets Worse by Rhett Miller, illustrated by Dan Santat (Little Brown and Company, 2019)
- Pass Go and Collect $200: The Real Story of How MONOPOLY Was Invented by Tanya Lee Stone, illustrated by Steven Salerno (Christy Ottaviano Books / Henry Holt, an imprint of Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, 2018)
- Rocket to the Moon (Big Ideas That Changed the World) by Don Brown (Amulet, an imprint of Abrams Books, 2019)
- Stay by Bobbie Pyron (Katherine Tegen Books, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishing, 2019)
- Sweep: The Story of a Girl and Her Monster by Jonathan Auxier (Amulet, an imprint of Abrams Books, 2018)
- The Bridge Home by Padma Venkatraman (Nancy Paulsen, an imprint of Penguin Young Readers Group, 2019)
- The Rhino in the Right Field by Stacy Dekeyser (Margaret K. McElderry Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Books, 2018)
- They Call Me Güero: A Border Kid’s Poems by David Bowles (Cinco Puntos Press, 2018)
- What Do You Do With a Voice Like That? The Story of Extraordinary Congresswoman Barbara Jordan by Chris Barton, illustrated by Ekua Holmes (Beach Lane Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Books, 2018)
(You must log in through AISD to view.)
Thank you to everyone who participated in our 2019-2020 Bluebonnet Reading Challenge!
The overall winner for the state of Texas was El Chupacabras! Second place was awarded to Cardboard Kingdom and third place was awarded to The Boo-Boos that Changed the World.
Click here for a list of the winners from previous years. We have several of these titles in the Bolin library!