How To Pay for a LOST/DAMAGED Book
1. You will receive written notification from the librarian that a library book has been declared lost (or damaged) by your student. This notification will include information about the book, including the price of the book.
2. Please double check your house, car, Kids Club, daycares, and student’s backpack for the book. Keep in mind that your student’s homeroom teacher has already been made aware of the missing book and should have already checked the classroom by the time you receive written notification of a lost book.
3. If the book cannot be located, please send payment to school to clear your student's account. There are THREE options for payment:
- Exact cash (we cannot make change)
- Check made out to Bolin Elementary. Be sure to include your PHONE AND DRIVER'S LICENCE NUMBERS on the check.
- Provide an EXACT copy of the book. The item must have the same ISBN, which ensures you are providing the exact same book - for example, a hardback edition. See policy here: https://www.allenisd.org/Page/1443.
4. If a lost book that was paid for is found, you may return the book to the library, and a refund will be issued if the book is in good condition. Refunds will be issued during the same school year during which the book was lost. However, we will be unable to issue a refund after the last day of the school year during which the book was lost. You also have the option to keep the found book since a replacement has already been made.
If you have any questions, please contact the Bolin Elementary librarian at email@example.com.