Talking to Kids About the Corona Virus - Resources
Mental Health Support Resources
When we’re trying to keep it together in front of our kids, the stress can build up! Let off some steam and get support for yourself by using one of these resources (all are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week):
- 877-422-5939 Lifepath Systems mobile crisis line
- 800-9850-5990 (or text “talkwithus” to 66746) SAMHSA’s disaster distress line
- 741-741 (text “home” to the crisis text line)
- Download the “My Strength” app here. (Click on “Sign Up” in the top right corner and use the code “LPScomm” when it asks for your access code)
- We also encourage you to check out this resource guide from NAMI and this information on stress management from SAMHSA here.