Board Policies and Procedures
The Allen ISD Board Operating Procedures were approved in June 2015 and last reviewed August 2020.
The Allen ISD Board Policy Manual includes all Local (Allen ISD) and Legal (state) policies. The policies are listed by topic and are searchable for specific information.
Board Resolutions regarding COVID-19
The following Board resolutions were approved in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Resolution of the Board of Trustees Regarding an Employee Benefit
- Resolution of the Board of Trustees of Allen ISD regarding Emergency Procurement
- Resolution of the Board of Trustees of the Allen ISD Regarding Delegation of Authority
- Resolution of the Board Regarding EIA (Local) and EIE(Local) During COVID-19
- Resolution Regarding Wage Payments During Emergency School Closings
- Resolution Authorizing the Superintendent Regarding Emergency Purchases
HB 914 is a law that requires all local governments including school districts to have their officers file conflict of interest disclosure statements about gifts received from or business relationships with any vendor that is currently doing business or soliciting business with the school district.
Gifts received from vendors are cumulative over a 12-month period and are reported if they exceed $250 for an officer and their family members. The Texas Ethics Commission indicates on its Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement (form CIS), offers of gifts exceeding $250 are reported even if they are not taken. Business relationships include any business in which a district official or family member has employment, interest, or ownership.
Vendors are required to report business relationships at the time they begin contract negotiations or are solicited for bids or proposals. A vendor must disclose any business relationship with a district officer that might cause a conflict of interest. Vendors have seven business days to file the Ethics Commission's Conflict of Interest Questionnaire (form CIQ) or face the possibility of a Class C Misdemeanor. Vendors can file a form CIQ annually by Sept. 1 of each year and need only update it by the seventh business day following an event limit of $250.Disclosure Statements Filed: