Texas 2x2 Reading List
2021 Texas 2x2 List
Every year the Texas Library Association creates a list of 20 recently published books that are great for ages 2 through 2nd grade. Check out this year's selections.
Click HERE for short descriptions of each book.
Click HERE for a coloring page to help you track which books you have read from the list.
Clikc HERE for additional activities to go along with the books.
- Boxitects by Kim Smith.
- Every Night is Pizza Night by J. Kenji López-Alt. Illustrated by Gianna Ruggiero.
- Facts vs. Opinions vs. Robots by Michael Rex.
- Federico and the Wolf, by Rebecca Gomez. Illustrated by Elisa Chavarri.
- First Day Critter Jitters by Jory John. Illustrated by Liz Climo.
- Hike by Pete Oswald.
- I Am Every Good Thing by Derrick Barnes. Illustrated by Gordon C. James.
- Louis by Tom Lichtenheld. Illustrated by Julie Rowan-Zoch.
- Packs – Strength in Numbers by Hannah Salyer.
- A Polar Bear in the Snow by Mac Barnett. Art by Shawn Harris.
- See the Cat – Three Stories About a Dog by David LaRochelle. Illustrated by Mike Wohnoutka.
- Shapes by Shelley Rotner and Anne Woodhull. Photographs by Shelley Rotner.
- Speak Up by Miranda Paul. Illustrated by Ebony Glenn.
- The Three Billy Goats Buenos by Susan Middleton Elya. Illustrated by Miguel Ordóñez.
- Underground – Subway Systems Around the World by Uijung Kim.
- Up on Bob by Mary Sullivan.
- What About Worms!? by Ryan T. Higgins and Mo Willems.
- What Do You Do If You Work at the Zoo? by Steve Jenkins and Robin Page. Illustrated by Steve Jenkins.
- The Yawns Are Coming! by Christopher Eliopoulos.
- You Matter by Christian Robinson.
Click on the picture above while logged into your Allen ISD account to learn more about the books and watch read alouds of many of the books. Keep track of how many you read and share your favorites with friends and family.
Another by Christian Robinson (Atheneum Books for Young Readers, 2019)
Bear Came Along by Richard T. Morris, illustrated by LeUyen Pham (Little, Brown and Company, 2019)
Cake by Sue Hendra, illustrated by Paul Linnett (Aladdin, 2019)
Cyril and Pat by Emily Gravett (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2019)
Dandy by Ame Dyckman, illustrated by Charles Santoso (Little, Brown and Company, 2019)
Duck! by Meg McKinlay, illustrated by Nathaniel Eckstrom (Candlewick Press, 2019)
Fergal and the Bad Temper by Robert Starling (Imprint, 2019)
Give Me Back My Bones! by Kim Norman, illustrated by Bob Kolar (Candlewick Press, 2019)
I Am a Tiger by Karl Newson, illustrated by Ross Collins (Scholastic Press, 2019)
My Papi Has a Motorcycle by Isabel Quintero, illustrated by Zeke Pena (Kokila, An Imprint of Penguin Random House, 2019)
Not Quite Snow White by Ashley Franklin, illustrated by Ebony Glenn (Harper, An imprint of Harper Collins Publishers, 2019)
Ogilvy by Deborah Underwood, illustrated by T. L. McBeth (Godwin Books, 2019)
Perfect by Max Amato (Scholastic Press, 2019)
Saturday by Oge Mora (Little, Brown and Company, 2019)
Seeds Move by Robin Page (Beach Lane Books, 2019)
The Goose Egg by Liz Wong (Alfred A. Knopf, 2019)
The Panda Problem by Deborah Underwood, illustrated by Hannah Marks (Dial Books for Young Readers, 2019)
Truman by Jean Reidy, illustrated Lucy Ruth Cummins (Atheneum Books for Young Readers, 2019)
Underwear by Jenn Harney (Disney – Hyperion, 2019)
Watch Out for Wolf! by Anica Mrose Rissi, illustrated Charles Santoso (Disney – Hyperion, 2019)