Here are links to the videos your students have already seen. Please look at them with your student(s) so you can be considering course selection for 9th grade. 4 year plans need to be ready to enter into Naviance in the Spring.
Academic Planning Guide- Under Construction, Coming Soon!
Tasks to Complete
1) Watch the Videos with your Student
2) Decide which Endorsement your child will choose for 9th grade course selection
3) Begin Exploring the Pathways in the Endorsement
4) Talk through what classes you and your child might want on their four year plan based upon their endorsement and possible pathway
5) LFC College and Career Counselors will be here November 11th-18th to help the students create tentative 4 year plans- the college and career counselors will want blank 4 year plan sheets on that day to work from, so do your planning on a separate page.
6) 9th grade counselors will present information about choosing classes for 9th grade in January (Student meeting will be Jan. 13th during the day and parent meeting will be that same evening at LFC or virtually). The new Academic Planning Guide is still being revised, so the attached one is from last year. There will be a few changes.
7) 9th grade course selection will be completed by January 25
8) Final draft of 4 year plan will be completed in the Spring (this is re-evaluated each year to allow for changes)
9) If you have questions, please contact the 8th grade Counselor, Heather Youngquist at 972-727-0590 xt. 4142