About SOAR 2030
SOAR 2030 is a community strategic planning process that will provide a foundation for educational decisions in AllenISD over the next ten years.
The SOAR 2030 process builds upon the Allen High School graduate profile that was created during the last community strategic planning process in 2012. Community members at that time identified what skills our graduates should possess. They identified four goals stating that AHS graduates would be effective problem solvers, responsible and engaged citizens, academically prepared for future pursuits and effective communicators.
The SOAR 2030 Committee is comprised of approximately 200 parents, staff members, students and community members. Using an inclusive process, committee members have been charged with ensuring Allen ISD is preparing its graduate for life. Working within smaller committees, participants will focus on how students learn, what we teach and what skills our students will need beyond graduation.
SOAR 2030 Meeting Summaries
- September 16, 2019, Meeting Agenda
- September 16, 2019, Presentation
- October 2, 2019, Meeting Agenda
- October 2, 2019, Presentation
- October 21, 2019, Visioning Committee Presentation
- November 13, 2019, Meeting Agenda
- November 13, 2019, Presentation
- December 9, 2019, Meeting Agenda
- December 9, 2019, Presentation
- January 16, 2020, Meeting Agenda
- January 16, 2020, Presentation
- February 5, 2020, Meeting Agenda
- February 5, 2020, Presentation
- Business Leaders Panel Discussion of Future-Ready Skills (Video)
Allen High School Graduates Will Be:
Academically prepared for future pursuits
Effective problem solvers
Responsible and engaged citizens