Math 7 Advanced Criteria 2022-2023 School Year
(applies to incoming 7th graders)
Students must qualify for enrollment in Math 7 Advanced.
In late Spring, all current 6th-grade students are evaluated to qualify for participation in Math 7 Advanced. There is no need to request evaluation or submit additional data. A student may qualify by meeting at least two of these three district criteria:
- 5th-grade STAAR Masters
- 6th- grade math first-semester grade greater than or equal to 90%
- 6th grade MAP middle of year (MOY) exam Masters
Qualifying students are placed in Math 7 Advanced. This will be reflected in the student’s course selection preview through Skyward in April.
Any student who did not meet the criteria for Math 7 Advanced will be re-evaluated during the summer. There is no need to request evaluation or submit additional data. During summer evaluation, a student qualifies by meeting at least two of the four district criteria for placement:
- 5th-grade math simulation exam masters level score
- 90% or higher in the first and/or second semester of 6th-grade math
- 6th grade MAP middle of the year (MOY) Masters
- 6th-grade math STAAR masters level score and/or 6th grade MAP EOY Masters
Students qualifying for Math 7 Advanced based on summer evaluation are placed in Math 7 Advanced. This will be reflected in the student’s course schedule through Skyward in August.
Please visit the Advanced Academics Webpage for more information: Advanced Academics